Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: You have AJo UTG, what do you do?
Muck 12 14.81%
Limp-Call 21 25.93%
Limp-Fold 4 4.94%
Raise 44 54.32%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Default High Volume Players association

If formed, a primary purpose of this players association would be to collectively negotiate special bonuses and other player incentives that are equivalent to a reduction in rake.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: High Volume Players association

Hey Stu,

I naturally answered yes to both of these questions. I would like to thank you for your original posts when you came up with this idea. Without them, it would have never occurred to me to try to negotiate directly with TruePoker for a WSOP seat in exchange for my play. Hopefully, my success with TruePoker will spur more postive interest in what you are trying to accomplish.

Great work!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:19 AM

What is the difference between this and current affiliates?

Most affiliates are run by current or former players and do exactly what you said.

-G
Old 05-09-2005, 11:27 AM

youre never going to get a group to boycott party. its just not possible through the internet.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the difference between this and current affiliates?

Most affiliates are run by current or former players and do exactly what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Costs, any voluntary or obligatory contributions from the players be less than the juice charged by an affiliate.

2. Motive, A players association primary motive is to look out for the interest of its members. Affiliates are profit driven and thier interests may not always align with the interests of the players they sign up.

3. Flexibility in negotiating, a players association is not bound by the rigid terms of the affliate agreement. Sites can offer highly lucrative short term incentives to a players association to coincide with a marketing campaign to bring in the recreational players. Hypothetical Example: GamesGrid could offer an extremely generous VFP limited to association members to fill tables with high volume players while offering their %1000 deposit bonus to the general public.

Hope that helps

Stu
Old 05-09-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
youre never going to get a group to boycott party. its just not possible through the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't about boycotting anyone. Conflict is bad. A players association enhances the synergystic relationship between volume players and poker sites.

Another purpose of a players association might to help resolve disputes between players and sites.

Stu
Old 05-09-2005, 12:03 PM

"Sites can offer highly lucrative short term incentives to a players association to coincide with a marketing campaign to bring in the recreational players."

You must be high.

Site P spends $200K to rope in a fresh batch of dead money players. At the same time site P offers $200k in incentives to a school of known, guaranteed sharks to quicken the butchery of the newly recruited fresh meat.

Man, If you can't see what's wrong with this picture then there is no hope for you.

It's kinda like a school district soliciting NAMBLA to meet in the cafeteria during lunch.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:15 PM

Truepoker would be very willing to sit down with a group/association/whatever of High Volume Players to set out a path of collective action to our mutual benefit.

(I have had a lot of experience collectively negotiating some mutual benefits, both in the labor and business context. there is potential here in my view.)

Thanks, I would be happy to discuss this via email.

Truepoker CEO
Old 05-09-2005, 12:28 PM

Of course my "yes" answer to the second question is contingent on the conditions. But to pay a flat fee to be a member of a special rakeback skin... I would totally be down under the right circumstances (ie numbers).
Old 05-09-2005, 12:38 PM

Ammusing analogy, but incorrect. (Plus the comparison to NAMBLA is a little creepy dude.)

"Fish" don't know they are "fish." Recreational players that don't take the game serious do not think they are nearly as bad as they really are. And why would they? I mean they watch the WPT and the WSOP on tv! They know how to play! It's much more pleasant to think of oneself as being a good player than a crappy one.

I see this as a reoccuring theme in the zoo in particular: the "fish" are not a supply that will run out. I think you are wrong about the motivations and thought processes of the recreational, weak player. 1) They don't know they suck -- in fact many think they are good! 2) Most gamblers don't know odds well. They still play with the worst of it, and don't know/care that they are costing themselves money. They will not go away after being slaughtered. 3) They have selective memories. They forget thier losing nights and rememeber the times they cleaned up. As long as they have the occasional hug winning session (and they will), the "fish" are not going anywhere.