Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Draw: reraised pre.. broke KK and drew to royal...

Does anyone else do this?

I only did via the odds I was getting and the person I was playing.. I have not seen this person reraise with less than trips pre, so, with my holding: Kx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ; I put the player on at least AAs-up or trips (since I'm holding two K's, an Ace and a Queen, I put my adversary on trips to 3-bet me).

While there are players that will 3-bet pre with any two pair (knowing that players like me will raise-open with one big pair), the player I was against I have not seen do this regularly.

1) Does anyone agree with my play (since by this time I was getting 6-1 on my call since all folded, and am 3-1 to complete with a gutshot-straight-flush draw)

2) Does anyone do this type of thing (breaking big pairs to go for the flush/straight), say, given a reraise, with your being in a worse position and have yet to see what the reraiser draws?
Old 05-08-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Draw: reraised pre.. broke KK and drew to royal...

If your read on what the other guy has is accurate then this seems clearly the best move to me. If he really has aces-up or better your kings are in pretty bad shape.

How did the hand turn out? (I'm guessing that if you'd made the royal flush you would have mentioned it...)
Old 05-08-2005, 01:21 PM

Nope, no royal yet in Draw [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

After I drew one, my opponent drew 1 as well. Since I didn't make my draw, I didn't call, and therefore don't know what he reraised with.

With my raising up front and drawing 1, then him drawing 1 behind and betting after I checked, I put him on at least AAs-up, but most likely hidden trips (he drew one to hopefully get a call from me with two pair).

I'm glad at least someone agrees with my breaking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Was just curious if others have done the same, and if so, under what other circumstances.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:15 PM

Dommit:

I don't play draw, but I do play triple draw. With the little fundamental knowledge of poker that I have, I'd break the King as well.

PS: Are we going to see you cats in Vegas in June if Felicia is feeling well enough?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 02:48 PM

Jeez, read my journal !!!

Yes, I think we'll definitely go to the blogger tourney at Aladdin in June. I've decided to put off my chemo for a few weeks if my scans are all clear (so far, so good). I'm too anemic and all of my labs are too low for chemo anyway.

This way I'll get to play in the blogger event, and a few of the WSOP Stud events (Stud, Stud 8, Razz).

I'm taking iron, as well as other supplements to try to improve my labs.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2005, 03:43 PM

yes, i agree with this play. if your read is correct and i'm sure it is. then you are against a big 2pr or trips. i would assume that it is trips that you are against because this tight aggressive player bet after the draw instead of just showing it down. on this play assuming that you are against smaller trips than KKK(probably, you have an A) you are about 8:1 dog with you kings(just to improve to KKK, 100:1 to fill and 350+:1 for KKKK) to say noting if your opponent fills. and with the royal draw you will make the flush or straight one time in four. if you happen to make the one-outer you can win 6 big bets if your opponent fills.

yes, i have done this several times and would do it again. you could also have done this with just a flush draw considering that there are already at least 6 small bets in the pot. i wouldn't care too much for doing this with less than a broadway draw considering your opponent may be pat already. btw, if you didn't have a flush draw you should have folded immediately even with as much as kings-up(cosidering your read) [ QUOTE ]
I put the player on at least AAs-up or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

definately the correct play. too bad you blanked
Old 05-08-2005, 09:48 PM

Silly rabbit... I DID read your journal (this time, I am guilty every other time you have given me crap for not reading it however), but for some god forsaken reason I'm not part of the live journal crew. I'm a busy man, its amazing I have time for 2+2 as it is!

The June timing I was discussing is when 30+ 2+2'ers are coming in for the weekend of June 17th.

Great to hear that you are well enough to put off chemo for a few weeks, hope our schedule collide! If we are all there at the same time, perhaps we can get a game of TD 2-7 going?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Thanks to all for the replies...

As you stated, since I raise-opened and drew 1 and my opponent still bet, rather than showing down.. I agree with you that his most likely hand was trips.

Thanks again for the re's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]