Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Default 1/2 NL $180ish stacks

Hey guys- this is a hand from last night's live game. 1/2 NL, hero has $180ish and villain $150ish. I think I messed it up. Hero raises to $10 with AsQc and villian (semiloose, aggressive, and a little tricky) calls.

Hero AsQc raise to $10 villian calls

Flop Qxx all spades. Hero $15 villian calls

Turn blank. Hero $20 villain calls

River 10s Hero?

I know that this is a pretty basic,lackluster hand and not too exciting but I always have a problem with getting extra money out of my opponent on the river. Do I try to sell it and if so for how much? Or check and hope he makes a stab at it. I have shown down two monsters already in 45minutes of play so he should have "T/agg, no-bullshit-thrower" read on me. How do I squeeze this turnip.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL $180ish stacks

Repost in small stakes. If villian is lag like you say and you have a pretty tight image, I might check the river or bet small in the hopes of showing weakness inducing him to come over the top. I don't think an overbet will work very often in this case, cause there are very few hands he would call on the end with, maybe KsQ, or a set if he is stubborn. Then again, an overbet only has to work a small amount of the time for it to be more profitable then a value bet.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:27 PM

I'll be wrong forum guy.

Wrong forum, guy!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Yeah, sry that this is borderline for this forum. Just happened to be the one I was in when I posted. I know that I could show some weakness on the river hoping for him to stab or value bet a high King but I think that the last Spade is such an action killa. Looking from his shoes he will only get called by hands that beat him. I know I check down in this situation when in his position.

D
Old 05-07-2005, 06:49 PM

Hes calling you down and not raising you. I say he has the Ks. I push in and pray hes a fool.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Reposted in Small Stakes Forum

Reposted in Small Stakes Forum Thanks.

D