Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: four partners
4 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Looking for a new site.

I currently play on party and I'm looking to try out a new poker room. I play both LH and NLH ring games, and NL SnGs.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Looking for a new site.

Go for Empire, it is less rigged than Party, even if Party has more fish and better bonuses.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:20 AM

I voted for PokerRoom. IMO, this site is not only soft, but does a lot for its players. Offers GREAT MTT's at lots of levels if that's what you're into, and has a good selection of limit games. Nice support, as well. I once misread a hand, couldn't get the HH, and emailed them about it -- got a nice reply telling me the situation. They pay your instacash fees as well. I think this site is close to moving up spots, and also has great graphics on their website, i think they take their time with things.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:28 AM

I've just received a reminder of the 100% Bonus offer from TigerGaming.

I don't know them, so I looked at the site for terms.

They don't give any terms on the site, so I wrote to ask for them.

Here's what I received:

"Dear Member,

Thank you for the email. Players earn 1 POP for every 10 cents of rake they contribute in real money games. POP is awarded in all real money games except for tournaments.

Regards, Dan."

That still wasn't clear to me, so I asked again. Received this:

"Hello,

Many thanks for your e-mail. Am in total agreement with you pop is a tricky one.

You are correct to the extent that you can earn pop regardless of whether you win or loose.

However rake which pop is based on is attributed only on the amount of money a player at the table has contributed to the pot. In games where the rake is not based on a pot the players each receive equal amounts of the rake. Example: 3 players contribute $30 to the pot equaling $90 total. The rake on the hand is $3 so each player is credited with contributing $1 of rake and shall receive 10 pop points.

For this very reason we are currently compiling some explanatory literature to post on the site. Please rest assured that your honest and insightful suggestions have been forwarded onto our Card Room Manager who will also appreciate any further comments regarding this matter.

Here is a link to our rake structure, just incase you are interested to read a little more in-depth information:
tigergaming.com/thegames/rake.html

Kind Regards, Nikki."

I've written again to tell them I'm not willing to play at a site that tries to "trick" people to play by offering large bonuses without publishing the terms, and that the hidden terms seem to me to be some of the worst on the internet.

The point of this post is, if you're going to play at a new site, check out the bonus terms, and the rake schedule, first. And if they are not detailed clearly on the site, up front, you should be concerned that there may be other matters that might not be as you would want them. Keep in mind the phrase, "Caveat emptor: Let the buyer beware."
Old 05-07-2005, 07:24 AM

Paradise Poker is a nice place. You should add them to your list of places to visit.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:57 AM

ya, paradise is nice.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 AM

If bonuses matter to you, you might want to grab the Stars reload that is still ongoing until the 10th (they don't have initial deposit bonus). You don't have to play it now, you can save it for later, though the deposit will tie up your funds for about 3 days.

You might consider using Stars for you SNG play only (you can clear bonuses that way), and pick another site for ring play.

The Crypto skins are good for bonuses too, you can collect up to $320 in May (and every month).

If you just want a nice site to play, however, I agree that Paradise is very nice.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:35 AM

if you don't have an account at Paradise, i know using the GRANNY code, you can get an easy $100 with a $200 deposit for initial signup once you clear the bonus, which doesn't have a time limit. but so far there aren't any bonuses after that, so it you're into bonus whoring, there isn't much past $100.

that's where i play and i like it. lot's of game options and competition varies.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:40 AM

EMPIRE IS TRASH! Stay away!