Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default whats your read?

pacifik poker 30 k, 30+3 buy in, about ten minutes into tourney, 15/30 blinds.
I have ak unsuited with about 4 calls b4 me, i raise to 90, get one call on that b4 getting to sb bb. so now there is 335 in pot. The rr is folded to sb, bb then the first to act after bb goes all in(860 left of 1200 initial chips) after only calling the initial 30 ( dont have any reads on him/her yet). rr is folded to me with only one left to act behind me.
what do u think guys, push or monster? would u call?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: whats your read?

It looks like AK, or possibly QQ. You do not have that many chips committed to the pot, so you can fold this without losing sleep.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:53 AM

limp/re-raise all-in early huh?

hmmm, seen that one a time or two.

Fold.

You may be tied, you might be racing, but you could very well be walking into his trap.

You've got a lot of play left.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:40 AM

I call there no hesitation. Your raise was too small with that many limpers though. With 4 limpers you should pop it to about 150, don't give all the original limpers good odds to call, you want to resolve this hand pre flop.

I'd put the pusher on any pocket pair, any two broadway, or any suited connectors. Without a read, he really could have anything here. Savvy players will often limp reraise big pairs from early position if the table is aggressive. A lot of players will reraise with small pairs, big cards, suited connectors, basically anything one step above utter crap in this situation.

There are only 6 ways you are in big trouble, a lot of ways you are slightly behind but getting odds to call, a lot of ways you are about a 60:40 favorite, and a lot of ways you are about a 3:1 favorite (and 9 ways you are about dead even).

This early in the tournament I am happy to take small edges for all my chips. I don't think your edge is small here, though, I think it is substantial, so definitely go for it!