Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 PM

Default AKs, SB vs BB

No read on BB, hasn't gotten out of line
------------------

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: AKs, SB vs BB

You calling a turn raise too? You dont beat anything more on the river than you did on the turn...I dont think he is bluffing in that spot.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You calling a turn raise too? You dont beat anything more on the river than you did on the turn...I dont think he is bluffing in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't have to be bluffing. did you consider villian could be raising with a lower flush?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:58 PM

Yes, that's the decision in this hand basically. I considered 3-betting for about 15 secs. What stopped me from 3-betting is my feeling that most opponents would have raised the flop with a flush draw, or any pocket pair for that matter.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:41 PM

Schnieds: 3 bet that river!
Me: I'm a big pussy, check call the river.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, there have been times in 15/30 short games when I have had KQ and the board at the river reads Q4949 and I have made an easy value bet. Because you know nothing about this player, I kind of like check calling the riv? Schnieds is just crazy enough to bet this turn and fold to a reraise, but not me, so I probably check.

Peace,

Joe

BTW, shouldnt it say in blue 2 players rather than 3?