Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 04:48 PM

Default 3 Newbie 1-2 Hands

Hello All,

New to the forum and I was hoping for some input. I'll post the results after some responses. Thanks for your time!

Hand 1 (AK): New to the table, so no reads. Do I respect this check raise? Am I chasing here?

If I bet on the river and get raised, do I have to call?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Hand 2: Villain is typical, a little lose, split weak/agressive. Am I being too weak and missing bets (regardless of outcome). If I had raised on one of these streets and been reraised what do I do?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hand 3: New to table. Am I being weak here, or am I not respecting the board? Again, if I bet/raise and get reraised, do I drop the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 05-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: 3 Newbie 1-2 Hands

Hand 1: Yes, you have to call a raise.

Hand 2: Raise PF. Cap the flop. If he still bets out after you cap the flop, you can just call him down. If you had raised the turn or river and got 3-bet, you'd still call it down.

Hand 3: Tricky. Bad river. I'd want to bet this, but I'd probably check it through. If you bet and got raised, you could fold this - remember checkraising in a 3-way pot shows a lot more strength than checkraising headsup.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:00 PM

This belongs in the micros.

Hand 1 I would fold the turn since we have no reads and its expensive to continue when we might be drawing dead.

Hand 2 Its a sin to not raise this PF, cap that flop, just call down if he leads the turn.

Hand 3 I would bet that river.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:38 PM

hand 1: Id fold the turn with no reads
hand 2: Raise preflop. Cap the flop and call down if he continues to bet into you on the turn and river. If he checks the turn, go ahead and bet
hand 3: Bet the turn.