Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Two preflop decisions...

Live $10/20 9 handed ring game

The Players
UTG: Fairly tight. Not very aggressive. Has the best hand selection, but is mostly weak tight.

UTG1: Fairly tight, only raises preflop with AA-TT, AK or AQ. Aggressive post flop, will see the turn if he thinks he can win if he catches an ace.

MP1: Plays 80% of her hands, only raises preflop with AA, KK, or QQ. Predictable postflop, only bets when she has something.

MP2: Plays 90% of his hands, only raises QJ (his favorite hand) plus AA-JJ. Very aggressive postflop, though it includes a lot of bluffing, bottom pairs, and chasing to the river with nothing.

MP3: Hero

CO: Loose player who only raises AA-TT if there is not a raise in front of him. Will always cold call a raise by me and will go to showdown. Otherwise, he's aggressive postflop.

Button: Slightly loose, fairly aggressive preflop (raises HEfAP group 1 & 2 hands). Decent postflop and aggressive.

SB: One of the two that started asking to see every that I played. Seemed like a loose player who likes to call with garbage hands like K8o, but then will fold for an entire orbit. Only raises KK or AA preflop. Weak tight and predictable postflop.

BB: The other guy that started asking to see every that I played. Loose preflop, so-so postflop, but not very aggressive.

Notes
The table has not changed for the last 5 hours. When I first got there, I was getting cards and raising the normal hands (8's from the CO, KTs on the button, etc.). People got so irritated with my raising that they stopped respecting my raises and started to call me down no matter what they had in their hands. This is good, except that I've been cold carded for three hours now and no draws are coming through.

None of them think about pot odds, implied odds, overcalls, or any other basic or advanced concepts. Some of them do try to think about what the other guy has, but then they'll fold an OESD on the turn because they don't want to "suck out".

Hand 1
Hero is dealt 33 in MP3

It is folded to Hero preflop and Hero folds.

If I'm running good and people respect the raise, I'll sometimes raise this hand when folded to, but this was not one of those times since it was gauranteed that at least one person would go to showdown. I didn't think that I could limp with it either because the folds in front of me cut down on my implied odds and worsened my position.

Hand 2
Hero is now MP2 with 44

UTG folds, UTG+1 (LadyWhoLikesToCall) calls, MP1 (GuyWhoLikesToCall) calls, Hero calls

With two people in, I figure it is worth playing 44 because the people still to act will call with crappy hands if the people in front of them call, building my implied odds if I flop a set.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Two preflop decisions...

[ QUOTE ]
It is folded to Hero preflop and Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
With two people in, I figure it is worth playing 44

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Nice reads on your opponents. Beats PokerTracker any day. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Grendel
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 PM

Great effort at providing your reads.

Given the reads, I like both your pre-flop decisions.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:47 PM

There's really a question here? :P

-d