Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:09 PM

Default A question for Dynasty and others that I respect!

Dynasty,

I respect you. Always have. I respect your opinion. This question is pertinent to this forum. Maybe all of them here on 2 + 2.

First let me say that I have posted on this Forum off and on for a lot of years. In that time I have never complained about a post or poster that didn't affect me in some way. By that I mean I never have a problem with a post that doesn't contain a personal attack towards me or a buddy or doesn't have vulgar language contained somewhere with in it.

I do not read all the posts on any particular forum. I look for people that I know whose posts I will enjoy reading or that I believe have something to say that I might be interested in. The rest of the posters I just ignore or only read if the title of the thread looks interesting.

The bottom line is that I can easily skip over posts that don't interest me. With you and some others here that does not seem to be the case.

My question is this: Is it difficult for you to ignore an individual poster or skip posts that that don't interest you?

I have never had a problem doing this and thought it would be easy for everyone. But you, you especially have me wondering if I am right. Please explain. Anyone else that wishes to answer please feel free. There are those that I will not respond to so don't bother. You should all know who you are.

Vince
Old 05-06-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: A question for Dynasty and others that I respect!

The comical answer would be not to reply...

I'm sure I don't qualify as respected, but my answer is that the main problem with "low-quality" posts is that they take message board space, which pushes other posts off the front page, which stifles replies to these interesting posts. And thus there are no worthwhile discussions. And it winds up like checking your email and seeing spam every time. So merely ignoring posts you don't like may not be the best way to go.

The same goes when you see too many posts of any one type, or from one poster, even if you consider them higher quality. One poster only has so many new ideas in him/her. It would be like going to a buffet and seeing all the same type of food, even though the food may be good, that's not what you want in a buffet, or a message board.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:20 PM

It's difficult when you make five hundred new [censored] threads a day. Get a life. Shut the [censored] up.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:39 PM

Why do you care what Dynasty thinks? Who is he to tell you what you should be posting? Do you tell him what to post? If he doesn't like your post too bad. Since when is he the moderator here? If he doesn't like a particualr post he should pass on responding. And when he likes a aprticualr post he then could respond. Just curious where he finds himself important enough to tell you what you should be writing about?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Vince, is everything okay? You're starting to worry me.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you care what Dynasty thinks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see where it is any of your business why I care "what Dynasty thinks". But since you asked and since I already answered that in my post the short answer is "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

Vince
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never had a problem doing this and thought it would be easy for everyone

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have the ability to ignore posts and posters... why is it so hard to ignore posts made about you *on other people's forums?*

You clearly have a passion to contribute to 2+2... I just wish you would contribute more to it than your Statler and Waldorf posts about other public poker figures. If we are supposed to ignore things that bother us and not clog the forum with posts about it... is it too much to ask for you to go and do likewise?

Cheers,
tpir

p.s. For those who do not remember or are too young, Statler and Waldorf were the two dudes in the balcony on The Muppet Show.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:57 PM

He should respect you, and not tell you what to write. Is he you're daddy telling you how to act and what to write? You shouldn't give respect to people that don't give respect to you. But thats you're choice.

As far at it not being my business. If you didn't want it to be my business you shouldn't have made a post about it. Careful i don't want to have to put you on ignore! Maybe these guys are right. You must be smoothcall!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the ability to ignore posts and posters... why is it so hard to ignore posts made about you *on other people's forums?*

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to answer this with a question. If you went up to another forum and read "tpir90036" is a loser or is "the dumbest man on earth" or "I'll have him hunted down" or "he is a liar" or anything that might not sit right with you would you just ignore it?

Not me. That is why it is hard for me to ignore an internet Journal of a celebrity that has the ear of people in a world (poker) where I live and breatehe and spend most of my time. Why is it that no one has a harsh word for the guy who started all this with his nastiness!

Vince
Old 05-06-2005, 01:22 PM

Everybody knows that pp is the wrong one in all this. But since he is famous all the smoothcall,vince haters try to put a twist on everything and make us look like the bad guys. PP is the one that talks about us on his forum where nobody can talk back negatively. How pathetic is that? And he continues to let other's talk negatively about us on his site. When he should be smart enough to delet negative posts about us. But he likes it so he allows them to post the garbage. It shows his character and childish behavior to continue this garbage on his site. So if you want to blame someone. blame him! Once he stops we will stop. Or at least i will. I will not speak for vince. But i bet if pp stopped attacking him for no reason continuously vicne would stop as well. So really pp casue these non poker related posts. How else can vince defend himself? PP is too scared to answer for his own actions here. So vince has to create his own posts to defend himself. I can't say i blame him!
Closed Thread