Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 05:12 PM

Default FreeRoll Rebuy

So if you were playing in a FreeRoll tournament that offered rebuy's at the break, at what point do they become worthwhile?

Ex. $1000 FR (paid out to let's say top 10-20%)
$'x' rebuy (unlimited below original count before the break)
$'x' add-on (one at the break)
'y' amount of players
Each player starts with 1000 chips
Rebuys and Add-ons get you 2000 more chips

For varying #'s of 'y' (say from 10-100 players), what is the maximum amount of 'x' which makes it worthwhile to add-on regardless of your current chip-count? (Remember, you have no buy-in at stake since it is a FreeRoll)

Or even better, how would you calculate that?

I don't have some answer, making this a quiz... I want to know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: FreeRoll Rebuy

i'll leave the math to the pro's. but do pros play freerolls.hmmmmmmm
anywho i played 1 the other day and at the break i hit the add-on for 3.00 bucks i think. the tourny started with like 325 and at that point was down to 145 or so. but only me and 2 other desperados added on at all. when i asked at the table why noone was added on i got laughed at big time. their answer? "cus we're broke you dummy why do you think we're playing a freeroll" ok makes sense i guess but the added 1500 chips did wonders for me and for the 3.00 i finished 3rd and took down a whopping 15 bucks!

but seriously i played it like any other tourny and just figured the cost of the addon against my present stack, my odds of winning with what i had and my chances with the add-on...and what the tourny pd as well. with the add-on i put myself in the top 5 chip leaders and with the rebuy period over i figured the game would get tight in less than 3 -4 laps around the table and it did. about 15 mins in we were down to 15 players, the multi-all ins had stopped and for 3.00 i had an excellant shot at winning the 50.00 1st prize. i mean i hate to admit i bought my way to the money but i'll do it again....and again .....and again!! no pride here at all...lol