Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Default I realized I don\'t actually know what to do here.

In fact, I actually have no idea what I'm doing. ever.

This has always been a fold for me, but I've never read anything on it, or checked with anyone. There are far more ambiguous situations in which I am often lost. What conditions do you call for 2 more when trapped by a LRR?

villain is ~50/12 in 30 hands. table is loose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero...
Old 05-05-2005, 02:55 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: I realized I don\'t actually know what to do here.

I want a pocket pair. They tend to be easy to play post flop. Thing is with a hand like Q10s, being in between two Pre-flop aggressors, means that u will likely get screwed post flop when u partially hit the board and u have no idea what kind of odds u will be getting on a draw or if u have the best hand. Throw in the chance that this gets capped behind and i fold this when it's two back to me.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:58 PM

I'd fold: it could get capped behind you, and if you flop any kind of draw it's quite possible you will get stuck in between a raising war w/o the best draw.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:59 PM

I actually think this is a perfectly fine situation to go ahead and call. I don't think a fold is necessarily bad, but you have a whole lot going for you:

1. The call-raiser is a laggy-type. I've noticed that often call-raises from players like that are essentially action bets ("...I'm just trying to build a pot...") and the villain is unlikely to have something huge like AA or KK. (If the call-raiser was taggy, obviously the situation is much different).

2.The CO has already called two cold, the big blind is already in, and so it looks very likely that your hand will be played five-handed. With a premium drawing hand like suited broadways, a large, raised, multiway pot is a dream situation. You will be playing this hand primarily to try and hit a big draw of some kind; if you pick up such a draw, you will be getting fantastic odds to play for it, and the large pot will likely tie in other players to pay you off if you hit. (Conversely, there are many hands which are very obvious folds in this situation, including AJ, KJ, KQ, maybe some smaller pairs, and so forth).

So, in the end, if you're feeling like "gamblin'" this is an ideal situation to do it. If you don't like the variance, I can't really argue that a fold is bad here, but calling is certainly an option.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:08 PM

I think I got lucky and have been playing these correctly. If I had a specific read on the LRR, that he was in fact an ULTRALAG or MANIAC, I would have called. All I know about him from 30 hands is that he is probably loose, and he is not particularly passive.

I would like playing a pocket pair here, and probably T9s a lot more than QTs.

Thanks for the input guys just needed a sanity check. My may stats L00K great so far, but my w/r blows giant ass chunks. Only ~5k hands, so time will tell.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:11 PM

I'd fold it -- if it's capped behind you, CO and BB might lay down too (doubtful -- most people who call raises are calling caps, but you never know) and then you'd have a short-handed pot with likely a poor hand. If you flop a Q and no spades, I don't like your reverse implied odds.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Fold fearlessly, sit back and count all the bets you've saved.

Nice hand.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Why did you chose "auto de fe" for your location? That's just creepy.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:54 PM

This would be an easy fold for me