Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 12:46 PM

Default The noble Iraqi \'insurgents\'

Read the story here.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: The noble Iraqi \'insurgents\'

Yep, must be one of those trigger happy U.S. soldiers.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Read the story here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say those things. The truth must never come out. If it does the Democrats can't win the next election. Their traitorous media machine is trying its damnedest to lie to the American people, just like it did in Vietnam, but this time there are others who actually report the truth, not the "news".
Old 05-05-2005, 07:14 PM

Yes, we're all familiar with your usual hypocrisy: when they do it, they are monsters and it's an atrocity, when we do it, it's regretable collateral damage and the perpetrators really are "noble" war heros, fighting for freedom, democracy, etc.

Your photograph, for example, shows Major Mark Beiger cradling a little girl recklessly murdered by insurgents trying to strike a military target, something our forces do all the time. Beiger is in the "Stryker Brigade" of the U.S. Army, which was active in the pacification and wholesale destruction of Fallujah last November, displacing or killing tens of thousands of Iraqis for the crime of living in a city where the occupants shoot at foreign invaders. For pictures of what Beiger's "noble" troops in your name and at your behest did to Iraqis, go here.

I realize this doesn't interest you because your habit of condemning (when they do it) the same thing you support (when we do it) proves nothing more than you have no sense of moral responsibility or honor.

Your photograph shows the result of Americans being too lazy or too spineless to withhold support for a war in the absence of proof that it's absolutely necessary as a last resort. In other words, if it weren't for Americans like you, that little girl would still be alive. So would about 15,000 to 20,000 other civilians that have been killed as a result of the violence our invasion caused (according to Iraq Body Count).

So I'm not really sure if you're eliciting selective, unprincipled condemnation or bragging about your latest accomplishment.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, if it weren't for Americans like you, that little girl would still be alive. So would about 15,000 to 20,000 other civilians that have been killed as a result of the violence our invasion caused (according to Iraq Body Count).

[/ QUOTE ]

It is something many tend to forget. Strange that the side that started the war, blame the other side for the war.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, we're all familiar with your usual hypocrisy: when they do it, they are monsters and it's an atrocity, when we do it, it's regretable collateral damage and the perpetrators really are "noble" war heros, fighting for freedom, democracy, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. I should add, hypocrisy is an understatement.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:27 PM

I read the story. There are many like it in iraq.as usual the american soldier does a good thing. Never see it in the NY TIMES, on CNN etc.
This one will likely be attacked by the delusional people on this forum who believe the US soldier is evil and only throws coke bottles at children.
This story IS the story of the american soldier.
We need to see more.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:43 PM

Last year I beat the living crap out of one of my friends. He was drinking too much and failing out of college. He needed some tough love, I won't go into any details other then I didn't hit him hard enoguh he needed a doctor and I thought it was what he needed. This year he's studious as can be and he doesn't drink anymore.

I think the action I took was morally correct. I also think that it is vastly different from someone that beat the crap out of him to steal his wallet or something. Clearly, the intent is vastly different and the motivations are vastly different.

The intent and motivations of US forces and insurgents are completely different. The US has helped to have elections. The US has been committed to security and reconstruction. The US ultimate goal is to set up a successful functioning democracy in Iraq. Its goal is to make the country a better place to live for Iraqi citizens.

What is the insurgents goal. To create the Taliban in Iraq. To put the Baaths back in power. To grab power for an elite few. Or simply to create complete chaos and slaughter people.

A majority of attacks in Iraq are NOT on US forces. A majority of attacks on Iraq are on the following targets: Iraqi Police and elected officials/Iraqi Infastructure/Iraqi Civilians/Foriegn Charity Workers. Why are people who are bravely defending thier homeland targeting those groups a majority of the time. Why do suicide bombers blow themselves up at polling stations. Why did they blow up the UN headquarters in Iraq when the UN opposed the war and seeked only to provide humanitarian assistance. Why do they cut the lines on the power grid so that people can't get power. Why do they threaten parents who send thier kids to school.

I don't think were saints, or even close. But your a [censored] goddam idiot if you think US forces and the insurgents are even on the same moral plain.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The intent and motivations of US forces and insurgents are completely different. The US has helped to have elections. The US has been committed to security and reconstruction. The US ultimate goal is to set up a successful functioning democracy in Iraq. Its goal is to make the country a better place to live for Iraqi citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, those were the motivations to go to war.

Interesting.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't think were saints, or even close. But your a [censored] goddam idiot if you think US forces and the insurgents are even on the same moral plain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you something

If you're an american, who you think has the best interest for your country?

a) An american
b) A chinese
c) An egyptian
d) A russian

Now, try to ask the iraquis, their response is gonna shock you.