Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Default \"Ideal\" PTO Stats?

Hi everyone,

I just registered my copy of PTO, and I was wondering what stats I should be shooting for. I've read that the ideal VP$IP is somewhere around 22%, but how about Went to SD? Aggression factors? etc...

For context, I currently play 2/4 and 3/6, beating it for about 3BB/100 on average...I'm considering jumping to 5/10 when I have the roll...

Thanks!

-Dave
Old 05-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: \"Ideal\" PTO Stats?

There are a lot of good threads on this. Check out:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1

And others, just search if you are interested.

Here what I try to acheive
VP$IP: between 18 and 25
WtSD: Not nearly as important as W$SF and W$SD
W$SF: > 25, as high as you can get it
W$SD: > 62, idealy > 65

Agression:
I am still tweaking my agression so here is my current thoughts
PRF: 4%
FAgg: around 1
TAgg: around 1.5
RAgg: around 2
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Yeh I've started looking at stats to figure out ways to improve.

So far my numbers (2k hands only):
VPIP 18%. This should rise a little bit.
W$SF 28%
W$SD 67%
PFR 3%
Flop 0.64
Turn 0.54
River 1.17

Obviously those aggression numbers are poor. They've actually risen since I bought PTO (1k hands ago) and saw how passive I was, so my current true figures are probally more respectable.

I'm not simply changing my play to reflect the 'ideal' stats, I'm using the 'ideal' stats to understand how and why I can improve.

Coincidently, all of my profits have come since I slightly loosened up preflop and upped my aggression [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM

It depends on what level you are at. When I compare numbers from my database at .5-1, up thru 20-40, the #s all change significantly – play gets tighter, more aggressive, higher WonSF, higher W$SD, higher F-AG, etc.

From my database of 3-6 play, with 744 players that have over 40 hands

Here are some #s, showing where you’d end up in the database. I believe these are the most important of the easy-to-access numbers.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Attribute Lowest 25% Midpoint Highest 25%
VPIP 24% 34% 49%
Won% SF 28% 32% 37%
Won$SD 51% 59% 67%
Turn AF 0.55 0.88 1.26
</pre><hr />

You would read this by saying, “75% of players have a VPIP lower than 49%”, and “50% of all players have a Won%SF lower than 32%”

To be successful at 3-6, you need to have a Won%SF over the midpoint (32%) and preferably higher, and a Won$SD in the low 60s at minimum. These can fluctuate somewhat depending on your style of play (more aggression will see higher WSF but lower WSD)

VPIP is less correlated with winrate, but tighter is generally better. I’d prefer a range of 18-28 or so, but this depends on table conditions – more fish means I play looser, tighter table means tighter entry requirements. Playing too loose preflop is a relatively small mistake in comparison to postflop play.

Turn Aggression factor is the most correlated with winrate of the aggression factor variables so I focus on that one as a general proxy for postflop aggression to keep things simple. You want to be on the more aggressive side of things. It also has lower covariance with the other important variables that are correlated with winrate, so it is a good separate metric for success.

--Greg
Old 05-05-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on what level you are at.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good point. I should have added to my post that my numbers are targeted for .5/1 and 1/2.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 AM

I'll borrow this thread to ask a question. I read gergery's advice and checked my VPIP... and found it at a very low 15. (I play $.5/1 Omaha hi/lo on paradise... generally 45-65% pf games)

I only had a sample of 2000 at the time, and I've loosened up significantly... but my vpip only crept up to 16.72 1200 hands later.

My question is, how loose should I play? I began to play stuff like AJT9 single suited or even totally unsuited in a desperate attempt to loosen up.. I just can't concievably see how I'd ever get that number over 20.

maybe I'm not raising enough?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 PM

I would happily play AJT9ss in position in a loose game.

A VP$IP of 16.72 is a little low so you are probably leaving a little money on the table. Try opening up your game a little in late position. I have mixed in some suited A4 with 2 strong other cards, as well as strong non suited A3 in LP which that has helped my game.

In a new thread why don't you post a summary of your pre-flop criteria and other players call tell you where you can loosen up.