Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Default trips, lots of action

This in my first few orbits, no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB
Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: trips, lots of action

What's up with the pfr with Q8o in your first orbit? You doing that for information or is that a standard play for you in CO?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:49 AM

When someone open limps in LP I'll raise a lot of crap. I haven't played 3/6 in a while and I've heard its really weak tight, so my game plan was to raise a lot and basically just run over people.

Even though it was my first orbit, I think its safe to assume that MP2 sucks based on his play in this hand alone.

Either way, I think there's a lot more value in talking about the turn/river than preflop.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

seems fine. 5 bets on the turn and river sounds good. I think raising the river is spewage and ur turn cap and him betting into u on the river make me want to just call down.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its safe to assume that MP2 sucks based on his play in this hand alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious about why this play alone means that he sucks. Say he has low suited connectors, or a small pocket pair. He limps so that he doesnt run anyone out of the pot. You raise, he is obligated to call this bet. When you bet out, and he has missed his set, or his flush or straight draw, or whatever, he folds. And this means he sucks?!?! Please elaborate.

I would suggest that raising with Q8 and one limper might be a much worse play. You just got lucky and hit trips on the flop, though from the action, you may wish you hadn't.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

There is no hand a good player limps in MP2 at 3/6. Fold ur smaller pps and raise with the middle ones.

Edit - didn't even realize this was 8-handed, MP2 doesn't just suck, he really, really blows.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am curious about why this play alone means that he sucks. Say he has low suited connectors, or a small pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. He's in MP2. It's 8-handed. That means he's not getting a multiway pot here.

Openlimping in MP pretty much always sucks; openlimping in MP2 in an 8-handed pot is just screaming "ISOLATE ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE THE FLOP FOR ONE BET AND FOLD WHEN I DON'T HIT!"

Rob
Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
openlimping in MP2 in an 8-handed pot is just screaming "ISOLATE ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE THE FLOP FOR ONE BET AND FOLD WHEN I DON'T HIT!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-05-2005, 11:05 AM

BTW, I think preflop is donkish but postflop is perfect. Obviously I'm more keen on this with reads on Button/blinds/MP2's postflop folding tendencies.

Rob
Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM

Five non-backdoor flush hands beat you: 88, 99, 98, A8, K8; and one ties. BB has to be pretty bad/loose to bet like this without an 8. I guess we're hoping he has 87?

I think I'd slow it down on the turn.