Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:03 AM

Default First 5/10 6m session - hand 2

Awesome table. Incredibly LP.

SB is 60/4 LP from hand 1. Not a factor here.

MP is 46/5 LP who's been losing steadily. This is the first time he's been in all-in range, so I don't know yet if he's an any-2 all-in monkey or more selective. Pretty standard LP to this point. Likes to call.

CO is 46/5 as well. Likes to call, but was more aggressive than SB or MP. He called down 3-way with ace high once when it was clear he had the third best hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP raises (All-In), CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop bet ok here? Paired board helps, but lots of draws. I call to reevaluate.

Turn: (4.40 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Not the greatest card, I think my options are bet-fold or check-fold. He could still be on a draw given the flop cold-call.

River: (6.40 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

With the all-in and the incredibly bad board for my hand, I finally give him credit for a hand.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: First 5/10 6m session - hand 2

Loose-passives call too much. Your flop bets wants opponents who fold too much. Two hands isn't enough to say for certain, but it sure seems to me like you don't have a grasp on 6max yet.

Scott
Old 05-05-2005, 03:35 AM

The pot is only 4 sb on the flop, and you are very unlikely to fold anyone. Just c/f, your reverse implied odds here are huge, even though you may hold the best hand now - but the call-2-cold by the CO is a tad worrisome.

Surf
Old 05-05-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Loose-passives call too much. Your flop bets wants opponents who fold too much. Two hands isn't enough to say for certain, but it sure seems to me like you don't have a grasp on 6max yet.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. just trying to find spots to break my current 21/15 probably a bit too tight mold.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 AM

Hey homie,

So when I watched this one originally, I didn't think you were the BB (I was eating dinner and wasn't really paying attention). That said, I think this is a pretty bad flop bet. You'll get calls here like 100% of the time and never know where you are.

Rob
Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. just trying to find spots to break my current 21/15 probably a bit too tight mold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My money is on you not adjusting postflop. Don't worry about VP$IP.

Krishan
Old 05-05-2005, 11:55 AM

Not a big fan of the flop bet, the flop is too coordinated and is right in the limping range of your opponents, and you will be pummelled with reverse implied odds.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:05 PM

k, definitely my worst hand of the night.

given the flop action. is the turn bet also incorrect?

(also a shadow bump for my hand 1, which i thought was more interesting)