Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 AM

Default First 5/10 6m session - hand 1

I have two hands to post. Here we go.

Absolutely phenomenal table. 55/2 PF not including me.. with the tightest player to my left and the loosest to my right.

UTG is 60/4 PF. After about 50 hands, he only 3-bet once and he held the 2nd nuts (JTTxx board). He has donkbet a few times, but I haven't seen what he held for those hands yet. He loves to call on the flop, but will make some turn folds if he's got nothing.

SB is 41/4 PF. He's more aggro than most of the table.. but still fairly passive. Capable of betting draws and mid pair. Capable of 3-betting unlike UTG. Is not much of a bluffer, just like the rest of the table.

BB is random LP guy.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Free showdown raise. I'm folding if 3-bet or bet into on the river. After the strength I've shown, I think he'd have aces up at least if he 3-bets.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: First 5/10 6m session - hand 1

Between the ace, double flush draw and your opponent's passivity, I highly doubt you have enough equity to put 2 BBs into this pot. I fold.

Scott
Old 05-05-2005, 02:57 AM

I usually want about KJ to raise in this spot preflop.

I think IŽll fold on the turn without more info and then readjust my read if he happened to not have me beat. Someone else will keep him honest.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually want about KJ to raise in this spot preflop.

I think IŽll fold on the turn without more info and then readjust my read if he happened to not have me beat. Someone else will keep him honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't a call be better than a fold? we may have a 5 outer if he has Ax. he may check the river and give us a free showdown if he was doing his random bet thing with a flush draw.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:40 PM

i was told my read made UTG sound more passive than he was. he is adverse to 3-betting, but has done this random turn bet thing 5 or 6 times in the first 50 hands. its been very frequent. he hasn't shown many of these hands down b/c he's been folding later in the hand or taken one or two down himself.. later in the session, he bet the turn 3-way when checked to with a J high flush draw + gutshot after the PFR checked.

so he loves to make loose flop calls, is adverse to raising without a great hand, but is quite capable of betting a draw on the flop/turn.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:38 AM

i wanted to post the results on this and the hand that followed later in the session since I'd still like some feedback and i thought they were tough decisions.

in the original hand, the donkbet lover tables Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I took my free showdown HU on the river.

this hand followed a few orbits later:

Hand 2:

BB was UTG in the hand above.
SB was an LP, but tighter than the rest of the table. He was not tricky at all.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

SB almost certainly has 6 outs and I thought would call if I just called and would fold if I raised. He uses BB's donkbetting tendencies to check-raise an overpair here just about 0% of the time. He played very straightforwardly.