Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Whats the closest you have come to death?

Have you ever had a gun pointed at you?
I was robbed at gunpoint about 7 years ago and I still think about that crackhead pointing that pistol at me and wondering if 'this is it'. It will be a sight I will never forget.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Whats the closest you have come to death?

We've done this before, it was awsome.

On the top ten closest, Astroglide had #'s 1, 2, 4, 7, and 8
Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've done this before, it was awsome.

On the top ten closest, Astroglide had #'s 1, 2, 4, 7, and 8

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, not closest to death, but anyways,

here was the thread.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 PM

Link?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:14 PM

Not very, but when my brother was 1.5 (before I was born I think) he didn't breathe for like 2 minutes because his lungs or something collapsed. Some retard doctor messed up and they have to rush him to another hospital.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Default I had a 107.2 fever from heat stroke

....came close dude. I had a near death experience and avoided the light, I saw the light, but I came out of the coma just in time. It turned my perspective on life around.

Poster Fred G Sanford got robbed at gun point in the laundrymat that he owned.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've done this before

[/ QUOTE ]
Very lame Sponger.
7 months ago?
Similar topic?

I guess the rest of us should just try another message board since the 'carpal/tunnels' have already discussed everything.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:50 PM

Free swim at day camp. I'm probably 7 or 8 and hadn't learned to swim yet. I'm standing by the edge of the deep end of the pool, hanging out with my friends who were jumping off the diving board. This kid Jordan (who I hated) comes up behind me and pushes me in the water. I'm flailing my amrs, swallowing water. My eyes bob above the surface and below again. I can see the lifeguard, who is doing nothing. I think to myself, I guess this is it. I'm in the water for 20 seconds probably before one of my friends throws one end of his towel in the water, which I grab onto and pull myself to the edge of the pool.

I told on him, but Jordan never got in trouble--fucking prick.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:50 PM

When I was about 16 my friends and I used to do something called "hubulah" which basically consisted of yelling at people out the car window while we're speeding down the road. One night we were giving hubbulah in downtown Denver on the way to the Cafe Euphretes. I looked to my left (I was driving) and saw a guy in a jeep with the top off. My friends and I decided this man did, in fact, what some hubulah.

So, I rolled down my window and proceeded to inform this man about how I did not enjoy sex with other men and had no intention whatsoever in doing so (Yes, I know this is extremely immature, but so's being 16). We though nothing of it and had a good laugh as we turned right onto 17th st. It was at that point in time I noticed the guy cut across traffic and turn behind us. We stopped at the next light, and I wasn't terribly concerned as I though we were just going to get a tongue lashing until I saw the guy rip across the street, jump out of his jeep and run over to my car with a sawed-off shotgun in his hands. Right about the time he got within shooting distance, the light turned green, the cars in front of us cleared, and we blazed out of there as fast as we possibly could. I don't remember anything else that happened that night, but I'll never forget the vision of the guy approaching the car with that shotgun.

Anyway, one other time I had a shotgun pointed at my chest but I don't know that it was loaded so that doesn't really count.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:21 PM

Song Be, Viet Nam, 1970. I was sitting in a folding chair taking notes on the day's assignment, then got up, walked about 30 yards to interview a guy as he finished the night shift in the command bunker. A rocket came in, we dived into the bar ditch. It was close. When I got back to the office, the guys showed me a large shrapnel hole in the back of the chair where I had been sitting just a couple of minutes before the rocket hit.

Won a lot of money at poker that night.