Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Hmmmm, 43o

Not much of a read on my opponent. Just sat down but I'm up 15BB after less than 2 revs. In 11 hands the bad guy has Vp$ip 55% of the time and not won a pot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ????

Right now I'm considering a raise.... or is it worth a call for 6BB (less rake) or just walk away? If I raise and he re-raises, I can fold, but not sure if I want to invest another 2 BB in a 43o gambool for such a small pot.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Hmmmm, 43o

Hate your flop bet. I think you're high to think about raising this river.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:21 AM

What will you accomplish with a raise?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:29 AM

hero folds the river.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 AM

I'm gonna try an experiment where I post a response to every hand question that comes up while I'm looking at the micros today, and this is the first.
I'm also grunching.

Against 3 players I wouldn't even be betting 43 on the flop. Turn might be ok with your additional outs and 1 player, but on the river SB would have needed to call down with ace-high then bluff when the heart happened to hit. Even if he's bluffing he might have a bigger pair or better kicker, and I don't think you're best often enough to call here.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much of a read on my opponent. Just sat down but I'm up 15BB after less than 2 revs. In 11 hands the bad guy has Vp$ip 55% of the time and not won a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he won this one. Seriously, what has he got that you beat? Ace high? A pair of dueces? Also worrying is that villian used the WA/WB line here, which I take it to mean that he's got a hand, your read of him not withstanding. A raise on the river would be a very advanced play that you could use against an advanced player, if he was using the WA/WB rule and you had seen him make tough laydowns. Call this if you want, but with this hand against 3 opponents I would have checked the flop and saved myself a lot of grief.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:39 AM

The flop bet was agressive, perhaps maniacaly so, but my goal was to push them off the hand. I'd been running hot and I thought I had the image to pull it off.

At the point I was in the hand, it made sense to consider the raise to see if he's bluffing a rivered flush. It's not unusual to see people make a play when a scare card comes. (I may have been high too, can't remember [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Old 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM

I'm sorry, I don't understand the ref to WA/WB. Would you explain?

I don't think it's so advanced to reraise a possible bluff. I do have a pair on a pretty ratty board (up to the flush showing up). And I don't think it's too far fetched to expect a 55% Vp$ip with Ax to call a ratty board to the river at this level. If he has an Ax, his only chance to win the pot is a bet on the scare card.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:01 PM

If it's a possible bluff why don't you just call then? I don't see a bluff calling your raise enough times to be profitable here.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it's a possible bluff why don't you just call then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the question I asked isn't it? I think my thought process was pretty clearly stated and included that option. You've made it clear that you would not play the hand aggresively.

If I think its a bluff, then why not reraise?