Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Juicing the megafish, I hate my play.

The TAG plays decently, the fish is awful, like draws to two unders to make pairs awful.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (TAGwannabe) raises</font>, Hero calls, BB (MegaFish) calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MegaFish checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAGwannabe bets</font>, Hero calls, MegaFish calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MegaFish checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAGwannabe bets</font>, Hero calls, MegaFish calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MegaFish checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAGwannabe bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MegaFish calls, TAGwannabe folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 05-03-2005, 11:43 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Juicing the megafish, I hate my play.

I kind of like three betting PF if the TAG wannabe is weak. I lead the flop though and i think three bet.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:48 AM

The Tag isn't weak, I'm not sure I want to shut the fish out (or that it shuts him out) also not sure I want to go 3 vs the Tag here. Tag will definitely call and play decently from flop on, and will get to 4 bet me with best hands and that kinda sucks for me. I am willing to discuss preflop, but it is postflop trying to get value that bugged me more than anything else.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 AM

My first instinct is to 3-bet preflop but given the description of BB calling is probably better.

I do lead the flop though. Button is very unlikely to fold and may raise. If he calls sometimes he'll raise the turn for you when a blank falls. Plus another club will often kill your action.

I guess generally speaking I really don't like checking every street and giving button the option to just check it through.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM

No crap, I totally donked this one. Here is what happened. I flopped the nuts, first instinct, cr the pf raiser, (by not 3 betting I cr flops a lot, so this is consistent for my play) then when I could cr I don't want to shut out fish so I call, then on turn I consider betting out, but that feels wrong, so I check, then I don't want to check/raise turn and let everyone off so easy. On the river I try to gain value but I'm gambling pretty hard that any bet will even come and its just no good. I should lead the flop here at the minimum. The only question would become whether to 3 bet or go for turn cr. Probably just play fast and hope the fish hangs around, they tend to.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should lead the flop here at the minimum. The only question would become whether to 3 bet or go for turn cr. Probably just play fast and hope the fish hangs around, they tend to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually Chris I really like the line of just calling a raise (when button does raise) and leading the turn. I like this line sometimes even when it's HU and with the BB caught in between here I think it's even better. I really don't like any line here that involves checking the turn.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Yeah, I said felt awkward, not would have been wrong, in fact if I had pulled the trigger on the turn I would have felt better overall about the hand. All the checking I did was atrocious.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 PM

Nobody, least of all a decent postflop player, is going to give you credit for a flopped flush. Leading the flop is mandatory, as your thinking opponent is going to see that as a semibluff with a single club. That, along with the status of the BB, makes a flop raise highly probable. Assuming the TAG raises, I'm going to go ahead and 3-bet feeling that the fish is very likely to come along for the ride with any draw or pair.

Generally speaking, the only time you're going to get a lot of turn/river action with a flopped flush vs. a good opponent is when said opponent has a very strong hand. In which case, you're missing bets by slowplaying.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 PM

Against bad foes, I just bet and reraise as much as possible with that flop, and same on every street, leave FPS at the door.

&gt;TW&lt;