Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Attack of the 3-1 Dawgs

Yo,

So i busted out of 6 Sit & Go's in a row (On PP) last night with the following dominating hands:

AJo vs A3o
A8s vs A6o
K8s vs K7o
AQo vs A9o
AKs vs AJo
AKo vs KJs

which capped of a week of what felt like busting out this way almost every time.

anyways, aside from being very pissed off, i'm curious how often people see themselves being raped by huge dawgs like this heads up in all in situations? I know the numbers, i know its 68-32 up to 75-25 in terms up straight up odds of these hands heads up, but it feels like party poker has been especially killing me all week when i have these advantages, to the point now where im questioning if im even doing the right thing getting these people all in preflop! So i guess im just wondering how many of you go on streaks like this.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Attack of the 3-1 Dawgs

only 6 in a row? you're running well. be careful though, you can't sustain such good luck.

in all seriousness, that's minor. i like to throw a fit and curse at my roommate. other people handle it differently.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Would you have made this post if you had been winning these 6 hands as the underdog?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 AM

In four SnGs I'll hit the 100 mark, and talk about this a bit more, but IMHO, these hands are the ones that tip the scales between a losing streak and a winning streak, and are thus a normal part of variance.

I think one important piece of information you leave out is whether you are doing the pushing or the calling here. I have no problem with any of these beats if you are pushing, but you should not be calling with any of the first three, and maybe the first four.

Sam
Old 05-03-2005, 11:53 AM

i feel like these 3-1 dogs are shitty also, it's like they get ther 25% of the time or something... it's total BS
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM

10-54! BACKUP REQUESTED IN SINGLE-TABLE TOURNAMENTS!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it feels like party poker has been especially killing me all week when i have these advantages, to the point now where im questioning if im even doing the right thing getting these people all in preflop!

[/ QUOTE ]

If these are all headsup results, then so be it, bad run - at least you're still getting paid (although it prolly feels more like maintenance than gain). If these hands are anywhere prior to bubble....

Scuba
Old 05-03-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you tell 10 people how bad you are running, 9 won't care and the 10th will wish you were losing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget who said this originally, but I will be "the 10th" the next time I see one of these posts.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 PM

In Response to Wether or not id be doing the posting if i had won these hands as the dawg, the answer is no because i dont risk half my stack or more calling a raiser with something as retarded as A3o or KJ

In all situations i did the initial push as a mid-to-low stack, and LAG reraise all in OR in the case of the K8s and A8s, i tried to buy teh blinds from the button with an all in, and BB's risked half their stack to call me with their bullcrap.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:12 PM

it happens... just be happy that it was only 6 in a row