Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Glad my challenge is over!!

So, I finally got this stupid thing over with, and although during parts of it I was wishing that I hadn't started it, I think I'm kind of glad that I stuck with it. Thanks to Sponger also for unintentionally inspiring me to complete it with his insulting/mocking challenge.

10k in a day challenge

One thing that i already knew before this challenge, but was REALLY made abundantly clear to me during it, is how big a role short term luck can have on WR, even over a pretty long stretch of hands. Tonite, i spent a little time checking my WR for the month after certain days, and it was pretty funny. after 10k i was still at -0.15 BB/100. after 13k i got it up to 1. by 15k i was over 2BB/100, then back under 1.5 by 17k. after 30k hands i was at just over 2.0 BB/100, and by 35k hands i was down under 1.5 again. Going into my last day my WR was 1.7 for the month, and at the end i was at 1.45. Also, of course during this past month I saw some big ups and downs in my overall WR at the Party 15 game. 100k is nowhere near enough to have a really accurate measure. Anyways, I think I finally am 100% convinced that i'll never even be able to get anywhere close to an accurate measure of my "true" WR, esp with the constantly changing games and opponents. I was already pretty sure of this, but i think this last month cinched it, and now i'm hoping that I don't devote any energy to worrying about my WR, so that i can spend more attention on optimizing, and objectively viewing more of my plays.

I also popped my 200BB downswing (for fullring, already had on at 6max) cherry this last week, which actually i was very proud of. i'm actually not 100% sure if it was over 200, or what it was at the worst, since i had a few losing sessions in a row followed by a session where i started by losing a ton, but then finished on a pretty huge rush. however, the amount that i was down going into the session, and the way it started off, i'm about 99.9% sure it was over 200 by a pretty healthy margain.

The last 3 days were fun (day 28 was my biggest winning day, and the most hands in a day ever), and I came SOOO close to hitting my final hands goal for the last week:

28- 4337 hands, $5106 (also including $38 in 48 hands at a 2+2 table for a whopping 78.65BB/100)

29- 1793 hands $409.61

30- 2759(+probaly 100ish) hands -$2032

also, on the last day, I went over to a friends and played some drunken $5 buyin NL, and CLEANED UP!!!! cashed out for $30 (about 3/4 of the money in play), so that made up for th fact that i barely missed my 50k hands played goal.

total for the month:

49,874 (including 100 for my live NL play)

$21,445.56, so after including rakeback i'm right at 26k, which is still my best month, and its cool b/c the last 2 weeks of the month(where i played closer to fulltime) I made over 20k with rakeback, so i'm hoping that a 40k month will come soon enough without having to do a challenge... as long as i can keep from taking too many week-long vacations. and even though i didn't QUITE hit my 50k hands, i'm still going to cheat and buy myself a new flatscreen monitor, since i believe that it'll give me more motivation to put in 60k+ hands next month. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Glad my challenge is over!!

Congrats.

Hopefully I can duplicate your success. I start full time in 2 weeks.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:20 AM

Congrats on getting this done...I think you're right about the Party 15/30 being a roller coaster as far as win rate - After about 50,000 hands, I truly have no idea where I stand and what I can expect.

Do you mind sharing some of your other stats such as VpIp and PFR? I'm curious what sort of effect those stats have on the roller coaster. I consider myself a fairly conservative player, and still experience some pretty extreme swings, so I can only imagine what some of the maniacs go through.

Again, congrats!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:13 AM

Congratz! Get yourself a big flatscreen! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mind sharing some of your other stats such as VpIp and PFR? I'm curious what sort of effect those stats have on the roller coaster. I consider myself a fairly conservative player, and still experience some pretty extreme swings, so I can only imagine what some of the maniacs go through.

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP was 18.71, PFR 11.27
overall aggression 2.13

My SD in PT is 15.5 / 100. i think thats probably close to avg, maybe a little low, but i'm not sure.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to Sponger also for unintentionally inspiring me to complete it with his insulting/mocking challenge.

10k in a day challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

I take transfers on all the major poker sites, neteller, you can send me a check to my home address, etc.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratz! Get yourself a big flatscreen!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i just ordered the 30" apple, since i figured it was still less than a month of rakeback, and it'll be nice to be able to have 6 games on 1 screen with no overlap.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. GL.

hope you enjoy playing full time more than school... i know i do, and i never even really went to classes.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Thanks to Sponger also for unintentionally inspiring me to complete it with his insulting/mocking challenge.

10k in a day challenge

I take transfers on all the major poker sites, neteller, you can send me a check to my home address, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you're the one who declined the bet... and %wise I still came alot closer to 40k than you did to your 10k