Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 04:22 PM

Default LP-P 3-bet the turn, i fold AA

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP looks LA-P with 44/22/1.3, however only 30 hands.
CO looks LP-P with 46/3/0.4, however only 60 hands.
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Given their normal lack of aggression i fold. Is it a fold against no reads as well? Am I trusting my playerview-numers too much?
Old 05-01-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: LP-P 3-bet the turn, i fold AA

It's a good fold against MP + CO, and would be a bad fold without CO's 3-bet.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:34 PM

Hard to interpet just how passive CO is after 60 hands. If you knew he would only 3bet the turn with a set then obviosly you have to fold. But since most players would 3bet with 2 pair as well, and there are plenty of 2 pair combos out there for him to have, I think you have to call the turn and fold the river unimproved.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:49 PM

It's two bets to him though. He's up against two-pair some of the time, sure, but to win he needs the board to pair (or an ace) AND no set on the part of either loose-passive opponent AND no river card that gives either opponent a flush/straight (which is certainly a possibility).

I don't think he's quite got the odds to do so.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hard to interpet just how passive CO is after 60 hands. If you knew he would only 3bet the turn with a set then obviosly you have to fold. But since most players would 3bet with 2 pair as well, and there are plenty of 2 pair combos out there for him to have, I think you have to call the turn and fold the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think i should call 2 cold just to draw to a two-pair with lots of outs counterfeit? The only river card I'm really happy with is the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], with any other card I have no idea about where I stand...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
It's two bets to him though. He's up against two-pair some of the time, sure, but to win he needs the board to pair (or an ace) AND no set on the part of either loose-passive opponent AND no river card that gives either opponent a flush/straight (which is certainly a possibility).

I don't think he's quite got the odds to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.