Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Canterbury area nightlife?

I'm trying to plan a trip for a bunch of 22yr olds. We'll probably end up staying at Mystic Lake. I'm the only one that really wants(needs) to play poker, but a few others will probably play too. Can you guys recommend any bars or nightclubs nearby?

Basically, I wanted to go to Vegas, but my buddies are all either too poor or they can't get enough time off work to travel that far. So, Minnesota is as close as we can get.

Any other good nearby attractions(day or night)?

Any convenient places to get drunk and make fools of ourselves while trying to hit on attractive women?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Canterbury area nightlife?

First a disclaimer ... I am not suggesting that any of these places are great, a good place to pick up women, etc. I can only say that they are relatively close to Canterbury.

Right down the street (1/2 mile) and part of the Canterbury Inn hotel is a bar called Arizonas. Often has live bands, etc.

Also, several miles away in downtown Shakopee is Sabas.

These are the two places closest to Canterbury (which is only 5 miles or so from Mystic Lake).

There is an amusement park (Valley Fair) within 2-3 miles of Canterbury, so if you are into that kind of thing, it is available. I am not sure though what date they actually open. I suspect it is sometime around Memorial Day.

Beginning May 7th, Canterbury will have live horse racing, so for a few bucks, and much beer, you could probably have a cheap good time.

Approximately 10-15 miles away from Canterbury is Mall of America, where you can walk 4 floors of stores, an indoor amusement park, a huge movie theater, etc.

That's about all I can think of that is relatively close to Canterbury.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:29 PM

You can always go downtown. Its about 20 mins away. Lots of action down there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can always go downtown. Its about 20 mins away. Lots of action down there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I would just suck it up, declare a designated driver and go downtown. You'll have a lot more fun and see better looking women than out in the boonies by Canterbury.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:03 AM

22 Year-Old guys belong at one of two bars in Minnesota... Drink or Lone Tree, both downtown.
I am now 24, and basically have no shot with the EXTREMELY hot 21 and 22 year old women there. You guys should clean up.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First a disclaimer ...

Approximately 10-15 miles away from Canterbury is Mall of America, where you can walk 4 floors of stores, an indoor amusement park, a huge movie theater, etc.

That's about all I can think of that is relatively close to Canterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

A number of bars at the Mall.