Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 02:41 PM

Default AK vs two opp, one makes weird comment

sb is loose but has shown down a lot of winners
bb has been around for 4 hands so who knows.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

BB ($28.9)
UTG ($14.75)
Hero ($23.3)
UTG+2 ($20.9)
MP1 ($38.21)
MP2 ($250.52)
MP3 ($26.9)
CO ($20)
Button ($26.95)
SB ($35.43)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.40, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB says: "i need to go for the flush" SB calls $3.75, BB calls $2.75.

Turn: ($16.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero folds...

was i too weak? sb leading into me for the min amout and then calling two raises made me suspect something along with her comment. bb still leading the turn after my re-raise and the strength shown by sb made me conviced that someone here has me beat. anyone do something different?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: AK vs two opp, one makes weird comment

I would not have folded. A call of $5 here into a $20 pot gives you 4:1 odds. I think the odds you have the best hand is better than that. There is a chance that the SB will raise - I'd take that chance. If she raises and the BB calls then I would fold.
As to the comment in chat, I would not put much stock in it. Maybe they are drawing to a flush, maybe not. In this situation I tend to think there is a good chance that one of them is drawing to a flush. Maybe the SB is drawing and the BB has a king and weaker kicker. Maybe the SB has a pair and a flush draw. That's the kind of hand they might lead out with 25c (almost like checking) and then just call with. The BB may just be betting top pair cause he thinks one of the two of you is drawing and does not want to give a free card to both of you.
On the other hand they are the blinds, so one could have two pair or better. So I would not raise. I'd hope there's not a a heart on the river- or now that I look at str8 possibilities there are lots of scary cards on the river. If checked to I'd check the river. Tough situation you may be beat or get beat - I just don't think I'm a 4:1 underdog.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:09 PM

thanks for your reply. you had it dead on, sb was drawing but to a straight and bb had a k9. i guess by making that comment she was trying to giver herself more outs by representing the flush if it came.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:31 PM

no way u platyed the hand perfectly. what can u do best case scenario is u have the best hand with a str8 and flush draw out in this case youre still a dog. i think the sb had a set and bear trapped it. i like everything u did , theres no way u have both of them beat in my mind u seem smart enough to pick a better spot to get the money in hopefully heads up where the decisions are much easier.