Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Default What should I read after SSHE??

So I've just finished reading SSHE for the second time in a month and feel I know most of the concepts and strategies, not just the rules, pretty good. What would people reccomend I read after this? I almost bought Hold em for Advanced Players, but I would also like to learn some tournament strategies. So I am torn between getting HEFAP OR HOH or TPFAP... I can only buy one, which should it be? Will the strategies learned in HEFAP be so good that they are essential for tournament play, or are many of them covered in either of the tourney books I mentioned, so on top of learning those concepts I also get tourney strategy?

I plan on reading them all eventually, but I can only read one at a time, so which do you suggest I get next?

thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: What should I read after SSHE??

You should seriously reread SSH... and then reread it again once you are finished.

But if you are not interested in that then either HEFAP or The Theory of Poker are fine books to read for your limit hold'em game.

I'd suggest HoH if are interested strickly in no-limit hold'em tournaments but TPFAP if you interested in tournaments in general.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:16 PM

I would recommend you read about 1/2 the other posts in this section of the forum...

but they will all probably tell you the same thing.

Tournament Play in general - TPFAP (great book)
If you want to play NL tournaments - HOH (great book)
If you want to play more advanced limit - HEPFAP

It all depends on what you want to play. TPFAP is a great tournament book tough for all games. Focuses more on the fact that it is a tournament rather than the specific game, so you can apply its concepts to any tourney you play in, regardless of the game.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:14 PM

Theory of poker.