Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Default a typical worthless hand by me

opponent has a preflop raise of about 28% thats the read Iv'e got. I shouldn't bet out on flop right? just call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: a typical worthless hand by me

Bet flop. It masks your hand. If a king comes, regardless if he has it, he might try something because he thinks your jacks or tens aren't good anymore. Also, make flush drawers pay to stay in.

But integral to all this, if you bet the flop bet the turn. Too many people wuss out on the turn. You can take down the hand on the turn if you bet it, especially if he's only got overcards or something.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:59 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you did a good job of minimizing your chances of taking down the pot unimproved
Old 04-29-2005, 01:00 PM

If you are going to bet the flop, you might as well bet the turn because you aren't getting any free cards here, and you have about four outs worth of folding equity.
If you want to check the turn, then check the flop too. Going check call check call with the draw is not bad because it disguises your strong hands which you may want to also play this way against a LAG.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:11 PM

I play it the same way for what it's worth. You probably have value with the open ender and an overcard that might be good.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:14 PM

Damn, just looked at a bunch of responses. Looks like I've been playing this one all wrong. If this guy is aggro enough, i like check/call check/call than betting out on both streets so I can avoid a turn raise. Pretty player dependent though to decide if you have some folding equity by betting out.