Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Pocket 66\'s six handed. First place World Series bound.

Just got back from a tournament in Sandia, New Mexico. $150 buy in, 1500 in chips, blinds started at 25/50 with a strange doubling process every thirty minutes. (25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 200/500, 500/1000 etc) Top eleven get payed. We are down to 6 players when this hand occured. I am in seat two with 16,000 in chips. Blinds are 2000/4000. I am second to act WITH the first person to act holding ONE thousand chip. He folds and will be forced to post all in next hand. Sixth place pays $752. Fifth place pays $878. I look down at pocket 66's and push all in. The player immediately behind me pushes all in. She is the chip leader and knocks me out of the tournament with pocket KK's. Chip counts for the other four players are (roughly, in order from me) 42,000 to 45,000 chip leader. 18,000. 32,000 to 38,000. 30,000 and 1,000. A big argument broke out at the table about my playing of this hand. My reasoning was to pick up 6,000 in blind money risking 16,000 of my own chips AND my shot at the World Series. Money value was not a factor in my decision ie seat one having only one chip left. My goal was to accumalate more chips to gamble with and to give myself a better shot at winning the seat. Question is to the masses, how do you rate my play and should I have been thinking about the money ladder? Tournament was top heavy rewarding well 1st thru 4th. Thank you for reading and take care [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Pocket 66\'s six handed. First place World Series bound.

Moving this up in hopes I can get a couple of opinions on my play. You can critique me harshly, I can take it =o)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 PM

This is an easy push. You have already stated many of the resaons to make this play.

The biggest reason to me is that you are down to 4BB, six handed! With four players behind you, this is a good steal hand and if called you still may be ahead. You have to push here IMO.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:09 AM

I agree with the play here. For the reasons you and pulplife stated. Just curious as to who at the table was complaining and why do you think they were? I think they may have been angry that chipleader just got increased a nice amount with the K's. But that's not your fault.

Walt
Old 04-30-2005, 02:04 AM

yep easy push.
one other comment: that tourney's structure sucks. only start off the tourney with 30BB's, and then it doubles every 30 minutes. crapshoot
Old 04-30-2005, 02:07 AM

Not sure why people were so vocal about my play but the tournament director had to quiet them down after I busted out. I talked to one person afterwards who said that the gentleman that took fifth (guy with one chip left) was not well liked and as such MIGHT have been the reason for people being the way they were. Anyways, thanks for responding and take care [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]