Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Two hands

Gentlemen...

Hand 1:
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Hand 2:
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 04-28-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Two hands

on your first hand, were planning a c/r on 4th street?
Also i don't really like the raise PF, seems a little too early, power of position is a must.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:38 PM

Don't check the turn, fire away at it. Will he realy bet after you just showed so much strength on the last round?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Don't check the turn. If you want to c/r the turn then you're better off calling his raise on the flop. If he didn't cap you you're probably ahead. (Although, I have seen 2nd set slow down to a 3-bet on the flop plenty) Hit the turn hard.

2nd hand, you need your set to take down the pot. Since it's .5/1 you're probably going to get one of the blinds to come along I'd just call here, you're not pushing out many hands that will beat you.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:50 PM

I am confused on the first hand. I could see you bet calling the flop and then check raising the turn. Are you going for a check raise on the turn? I can't imagine it working; you put the last bet in on the flop.

Hand 2. I hope someday I'm good enough post flop to play like this preflop. Until then, I limp in.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 PM

I like #1. #2 is table-depdendent but usually I just limp here.

Rob
Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 PM

1 is good
2 just seems clarkmeistery.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 PM

I could like #1 i think. Button 3-bet PF, so that leads us to believe he has a range of AA-JJ, AK, and maybe AQs. Considering that we dominate all of those holdings (excepting AA and JJ, but he probally caps those on the flop) Checking the turn gives villan another chance to bet at the pot when he is drawing slim. If he checks behind, easy value bet on the river, if he bets the turn, you can c/r or just bet the river, whichever your heart desires. It's not my standard line, but it's okay, and it can work against the right opponents.
Hand2...errr I don't like it, players in this level pay off with so much when you hit a set it's not worth the raise to disguise your hand. Plus, noone is letting go of an ace on the flop, raise pf or no.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:59 PM

Ok I've thought it about it some more (hand 1). You can probably put the villain on TT - AA , AK, maybe AQ. You are ahead of everything besides the (very improbable) JJ or AA.

If it's checked to him, he will probably bet with AK, KK, QQ. If you bet, he will probably fold KK and QQ. The only hand he will probably check behind you here (that he 3 bets preflop) is TT. TT he will fold anyway for 1 bet, so no loss there. So check it to him, let him bet, and check raise.

The only reason you are doing this is because it's heads up. Against multiple players, you want to bet so the dead money bloats the pot you are probably about to take down.

eh?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused on the first hand. I could see you bet calling the flop and then check raising the turn. Are you going for a check raise on the turn? I can't imagine it working; you put the last bet in on the flop.

Hand 2. I hope someday I'm good enough post flop to play like this preflop. Until then, I limp in.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 it's safe to assume the villain has AK or AQ. There is no way villain is checking the turn through after seeing you slow down liket his.

In hand 2 you don't need good postflop skills at all to make this play profitable. If you hit, ram and jam. If you miss, dump it or take the free card. (Hopefully the latter, which is half the reason for this raise in the first place).

Good hands.