Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Default More from the limp-free zone

I, too, have tried sthief's no limping pre-flop. Not that it matters, but I ran pretty bad. My VPIP was an abnormally low 14.4% and yet my W$WSF was 26%. My WTSD was a paltry 17.4% and yet I won at showdown only 25%. (Limited sample, yadda yadda: 125 hands.)

On the other hand, my PFR was 12.8% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There was one hand which played quite differently than it would have normally (and kept the session from being even worse). I was pretty surprised he didn't call on the river.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

By the way, does anyone hate the turn check, or the flop bet for that matter?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: More from the limp-free zone

I dont really like the preflop raise( That probably is just me being weak though) other than that the hand looks fine.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: More from the limp-free zone

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really like the preflop raise( That probably is just me being weak though) other than that the hand looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the first sentence of the post?