Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM

Default anyone fold KK to TAG on a high flop?

Good B&M 10/20 session yesterday.

My image is a very tight TAG, as the table is very loose so a 15% VPIP (me) really, stands out.

A young reasonable Loose player raises UTG, one LP caller and Hero in the BB calls with 66.

The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Young guy is visibly upset with the flop, I check he autobets and LP folds, and I raise thinking I can push him out of the pot. He calls.

Turn is a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I bet he calls. River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . I bet, he raises, and I fold. I'm 99% sure he was on KK with the k of diamonds.

So, is there anyone that would fold KK, QQ, JJ to a TAG. In retrospect, I'm thinking only a weak tight would fold, and I should have aborted.

Cheers
Magi
Old 04-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: anyone fold KK to TAG on a high flop?

Why did he raise the river if he had KK?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:06 PM

i think your hand reading skills need work. i'd put him on AA/TT/AK.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 PM

Clearly my posting skills suck. That's two posts I messed up. How do I expect help, when I can't freaking post!!

There were two diamonds on the flop, so I changed it. Sorry.

Cheers
Magi
Old 04-28-2005, 02:11 PM

No, my hand posting skills need adjustment. Gosh, I need to get better at posting, if I'm going to get any help. There were two diamonds on the flop. I've changed the post.

Sorry!

Cheers
Magi
Old 04-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Hi M,

I'm guessing that either the flop or turn contained the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I think it was the turn, no?

[ QUOTE ]
Young guy is visibly upset with the flop, I check he autobets

[/ QUOTE ] This means nothing. If it does mean something, he flopped a monster (AA or TT). Now, he did not reraise you, which probably means he had neither.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 99% sure he was on KK with the k of diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ] This is an odd read. If I wanted to move you out of the pot, I would have 3-bet the flop since LP is out. He would have to be a stupid player to wait till you caught more cards to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
So, is there anyone that would fold KK, QQ, JJ to a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ] If I had these cards and was sure that making a move was futile, I would muck by the turn.

I don't like the river bet at all. If he called the turn, he most likely would call the river. Your shot at muscling him out of the pot was gone by the flop. For all we know, he could of had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A-5s.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the river bet at all. If he called the turn, he most likely would call the river. You shot at muscling him out of the pot was gone by the flop. For all we know, he could of had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A-5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 04-28-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the river bet at all. If he called the turn, he most likely would call the river. You shot at muscling him out of the pot was gone by the flop. For all we know, he could of had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A-5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that he had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Inconceivable!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]