Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Info about UK Poker & Tribeca Network?

Hi,
Does anyone play at UK-Poker or any other Tribeca Network site?
If yes, then can you give me some info about the action there?
I played there about 2 years ago on a free tourney, that was it. Now they are offering me a nice come-back bonus, and I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Info about UK Poker & Tribeca Network?

bump!!
did no one play there?
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Info about UK Poker & Tribeca Network?

Tribeca (aka Apex) skins include Golden Palace, Victor Chandler, Doyle's Room, Blue Square (Australia), Aspinalls, a few other major skins, and a whole lot of sub-skins which are redundant of each other.

traffic is ok, about 3000 players online between all the networks. players are generally bad, both passive bad and agressive bad. gameplay and software is fluid. 9-max and 6-max tables available, usually 2-3 filled at each limit. "officially" you can only play 2 tables at a time but if you have two tables already open and you get on a waiting list for a third, they'll let you sit down there too.

bonuses are junk on Tribeca. the Action Points system only gives you back 80% of proportional attributed rake of hands which you contribute or blind into the pot. so it is impossible for you to come out ahead except for in actual play. and if you play $1/2 limits or below it will be quite slow to clear as well. Action Poiints earned towards the bonus do not count towards your regular AP total used in freeroll tournaments and cashback. you have to clear the entire bonus first before you can bank new points.

if you're a kickass $2/4+ shorthanded player then you might consider revisiting UK Poker again. otherwise there are better bonuses elsewhere.