Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 PM

Default 77 meets flop aggression (20-40)

Live 20-40 home game (5 handed, nobody else will leave the 5-10 to play higher)

The player to my right is weak tight, both passive PF and passive postflop, if he raises, its the nuts or darn close to it, but he folds this hand.

Im in the CO and I have a solid LAG image, I have to be playing at least 30-35% of hands gettign decent cards, but the situations that are arising are just very profitable to play and Im up over a nickel at this point and were less than an hour in. Im very aggressive Preflop and not meeting much resistance postflop where I'm continuing the aggression. Ive shown down 1 hand so far and that was top two pair.

Button is just plain bad but he will limp with a lot of hands will not reraise PF w/o AA or KK and will float on occassion, he folds this hand too.

SB is on the loose side, and his postflop skills probably couldn't beat the Party 2/4 full games.

BB is the only other decent player at the table, very predicatbale though because we've played before. Has a propensity to ait until the turn to raise his bigger hands and is really tired at tis point of me assulting his blinds. (which I have been with all honesty) He plays okay postflop. He knows I'm solid.

Anyway onto the hand.

Folded to me in the CO I raise 77, button folds, SB folds, BB grumbles and calls.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, BB checkraises, I three bet, he calls.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks..

Play?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: 77 meets flop aggression (20-40)

bump to the front page
Old 04-27-2005, 11:47 PM

if this guy will fold a better hand (like a king) than yours he is a moron. if you think there is a decent chance of him folding then continue the aggression. personally id prefer seeing a cheapy river and showing down for a bet.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:53 PM

First of all I don't put this cat on a King or a 5. He'd wait til the turn and if he smooth called the flop I check the turn behind, maybe he ralized this and decided to fastplay, but he's pretty one dimensional. He likes to wait until big streets to trap me and everyone else.

Im assuming he has some variety of 6 outer against me and decided to make a move at this pot, not figuring I had a King or a 5 either.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 AM

Cmon gang. One last bump, NObody has a thought?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM

I don't know I just think his CR call 3-bet from a player described as predictable with average postflop is probably a scared K. I would get this to showdown cheap and check through and call the river or check it through.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:13 AM

Obviously bet the turn. It's pretty clear what happened on the flop. Don't let a potential 6-outer see a free river.

Is this guy even capable of following through on his flop move with a turn c/r? I suspect no.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:14 AM

My 2c's:

Bet, and you can easily fold to a raise. Then take a look at the river and probably check it through. If he's called to the river, he's probably got a King or perhaps a good Ace, I guess.

If he's that passive, then it doesn't matter whether you bet/check or check/call. I prefer not to give out free cards (to a good ace), and have the option of betting the river when I catch a miracle [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 11:19 AM

like stigmata, i would lean towards bet/folding turn and probably checking behind on river.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 AM

i bet again here, i don't want to give a flush draw or overcards a free shot at outdrawing me. the pot is 5 bb, i think giving a free card in this spot is bad news. true, he could have a king or a 5, but i think you get raised on the turn here if he does per your read of the BB. i think i'd have to lay down to a raise on the turn.

you've been assaulting his blinds and he's getting tired of it, but he's predictable and sounds pretty abc from your read. it doesn't sound he would try any fancy stuff with a worse hand if you bet here. it's pretty unlikely but it seems he could have a smaller pp here too.

i don't play 20/40 dude, but you have given good insight to my posts in the past. all i can give is the view from a mediocre 5/10 player. good luck.