Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

So this afternoon I was sleeping on the couch of me and my fiance's home. My laptop is sitting at my feet open. She gets home from school about 1:00 and I wake up for a few minutes and talk to her, then I proceed to go back to sleep.

Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone. I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited. By incriminating I mean about me smoking marijuana, or going to a strip club, or talking about meeting this other girl (that I didn't do anything with). She would be extremely pissed at me, and could take extreme measures if she knew about any of these things.

So, at first glance it would seem as though she opened these up, highlited them, and then left. So, the first thing I do is call her to see where she is and assess how bad the damage is. When I call her she is working out at the gym, and seems perfectly fine. I ask her if anything is wrong, and she says no, and means it. (I can tell).

So now things get a little more complicated. She would definitely sound pissed if she had read this stuff. Also, the files that were open (and most of my logs) are extremely huge and would take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to read individually. So, there would have to have ben a lot of searching going on to find this incriminating stuff. Also, my fiance isn't extremely computer savvy, and it is rather complicated to open these logs. I really don't think she would know how to open them, or be tenacious enough to read through the huge files.

There is a small outside chance that I could have manipulated the mouse with my foot while I was sleeping, but I don't know.

Well, she just walked in the door..... anyone have any thoughts on how I should handle this situation?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

Oh come on, what's more likely, she read them and you can't tell she's pissed or you manipulated the mouse with your foot to highlight specific incrimating parts of several conversations in logs which are "extremely huge"?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Obviously if she went to this extent, rather than wake you up and start screaming at you, she would be VERY careful not to sound upset. But that's besides the point that I don't believe this really happened.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:13 PM

This didn't really happen, but you are afraid of getting married, feel guilty about meeting up with another girl even if you didn't do anything, feel guilty about going to strip clubs while engaged, feel guilty about smoking pot, and are trying to find an excuse to break up with this chick (perhaps so that you can bang the one that you met up with but didnt' do anything with).

Either that or she did do it, does know, is pissed, and is a MUCH better poker player than you?

FishNChips
Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 PM

Well it turns out it was her. And BTW, that other girl was a friend of mine's girlfriend that I never had any intentions of doing anything with. Oh, and I don't feel guilty at all about anything I've done (strip clubs or pot). I have no conscious, I promise.

Well things went relatively well.... at least when compared to other fights we've had. Nothing I did was that bad. I convinced her that the pot messages were from my brother on my account (he is a big pothead), and I didn't actually go to the strip club the time that was mentioned in the message and she knows this for sure. The only thing is my comments about this other girl that I found attractive and said a few ummm things about. But she knows that I didn't do anything besides talk about her. That just hurt her feelings.

And no, I am not looking for a reason to break up with her. We are getting married in June. I am a horrible human being with no conscious.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:20 PM

PHEEEEEWWWWW!!!!!! That was close [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no conscious, I promise.

I am a horrible human being with no conscious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you probably are conscious since you wrote that... but might have no conscience.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:29 PM

Does anyone else think that this marriage is going to have less than 2 years shelf life?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then I proceed to go back to sleep.
Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There is a small outside chance that I could have manipulated the mouse with my foot while I was sleeping, but I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was a joke, right? Please tell me it was a joke. Please.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:30 PM

Dude, didn't you like just turn 21? Engaged? Jeez.