Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Soft Vegas SSNL Games

<Cross Posted with SSNL>

I'm headed to Vegas for the first time ever tomorrow night! I plan on playing some Small Stakes NL games. From allvegaspoker.com, I've found that these rooms look the softest:

Excalibur
Alladin
Bally's
Imperial Palace

Anyone have experience playing at any of these rooms? Care to comment on the overall play? Any rooms I am missing that I should take a look at? I will give a report when I get back. I'm pumped!

~madscout
Old 04-27-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Soft Vegas SSNL Games

The MGM's 1/2 blind NL game is great. It has a $200 max buyin instead of the $100 of most of the other rooms. Players are equally bad everywhere.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Play your first night in Excalibur to get a feel for it. The place is friendly, I enjoyed it. About 67% of the time when I sat down, there were about 2 or 3 lousy players at the table, myself, and 6 or 7 solid players. The other 33% of the time, there were 8 or 9 solid players plus myself, and it was a losing battle against the rake. Don't be afraid to switch tables if you find only 1 lousy player where you're first seated.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<Cross Posted with SSNL>

I'm headed to Vegas for the first time ever tomorrow night! I plan on playing some Small Stakes NL games. From allvegaspoker.com, I've found that these rooms look the softest:

Excalibur
Alladin
Bally's
Imperial Palace

Anyone have experience playing at any of these rooms? Care to comment on the overall play? Any rooms I am missing that I should take a look at? I will give a report when I get back. I'm pumped!

~madscout

[/ QUOTE ]

Imperial Palace is sooooo soft. Its great they have 1/2 NL normally after their daily tournament. You can just nut peddle and get paid off, its awesome. BUT dont play in the daily tourney or the weekend one, the blinds are so fast and you start with a small stack. For a little challenge i would hit up the bellagio 2/5, some better players but that just means they respect your bluffs
Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM

I.P. is super-soft. But stay away from the Horseshoe; besides being a total dump, they ate my lunch at the NL tables.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:53 PM

I disagree about Binions. Three friends and I all played NL there and only one of us lost some money. The rest of use went from 100 to about 150 - 200. We all had a good time and the games wasn't as bad as everyone says. The NL at the Exc was tougher later that night.