Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Small Stakes 1 on 1 Review

My recent downswing has inspired me to take on an idea that one of the players in HUSH suggested. What it is I would sit with a fellow 2+2er at a single table, and we'd play for a couple hours, taking breaks from the table in increments to discuss each other's play and any interesting hands that have come up. I think this could be a very beneficial way to learn. I'd give credit to the person behind the idea if I could remember who it was.

Anyways if anyone is interested, I'd love to do this with someone (not to sound prejudice, but I would appreciate it if one of the more experienced posters would volunteer to sit with me once, but I'm open to doing this a few times). Also, feel free to use this thread to set up other matchups of people sitting together.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes 1 on 1 Review

I think this would be a great Idea for several of us to sit at a private table (something cheap like .50-1 or 1-2) and discuss the previous hands and thinking and so forth.
Set it up and I am in (I am not an expert buy any means, but love to talk about, and think about the game).

let me know
Rizz
Old 04-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Well i wasn't planning on this being a private table, but more along the lines of sitting at a regular table and simply taking breaks to discuss hands at regular intervals, or possibly just talking about previous hands while we're playing. Obviously no mention of current hands would ever happen with this.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:08 PM

sure...I just remember a while ago 9 or 10 2+2ers would play at a private table and openly discuss the previous hand and thought prrocess....they all loved the learning that took place.

if that happens again, id be in
Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 PM

sounds like a great idea; immediate feedback on hands. Could learn alot doing this with the right people.