Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Default River Question

sorry if this hand seems boring.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.33 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero does what?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: River Question

I don't think this is boring at all. Do you have any read on MP2, so that we can start thinking about a range of hands?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM

for someone that posts so many hands where you fold, this seems like a easy turn fold to me. your bad play continues to baffle me.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:18 AM

i'm sorry i didn't confer with you when i clicked call. wont' happen again.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:19 AM

Assuming no read, I'd check/call the river. If you bet and get raised, can you really feel comfortable laying this hand down against an unknown?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:20 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

bet and call a raise? I agree with QT, it would really help to have some sort of read though.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:21 AM

How you play the 15 game all the time with no reads CDC is beyond me.

I don't think the hand is boring.

But I don't think MP2 raises the turn with trip 9's or better. I could be wrong. I'd lead the river and call a raise. I think there's decent chance he checks through a lot of worse hands otherwise I'd actually consider a check/raise if I felt he would pay off. But his turn raise looks to me like an attempt at knocking overcards out with a more vulnerable hand that may be best but may not be best enough to value bet the river.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming no read, I'd check/call the river. If you bet and get raised, can you really feel comfortable laying this hand down against an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c was my first instinct too, but I think that his raise is more likely to be a mid pp than a 9. I think he might be taking a free showdown, which I don't really want. If he was semi-bluffing with a flush draw, I don't think that he will bet the river, as u'll call with a lot on this board. But, I guess u win one bet when ahead and likely lose two when behind if u don't have a very solid read and have to call a raise, which I would.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But his turn raise looks to me like an attempt at knocking overcards out with a more vulnerable hand that may be best but may not be best enough to value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is why I thought it more likely he had some mid pp or a 7 than a 9.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:25 AM

I’ve never intentionally tried to berate someone, especially publicly, but I’ve had enough of you.

I’ve never used the “ignore this poster” feature on 2+2, but I’ve had enough of you.

I’ve never intentionally disregarded anyone’s thoughts on this forum because I might learn something, but I’ve had enough of you.

I’ve never intentionally not given my thoughts to another poster if I thought it would benefit them, but I’ve had enough of you.

You have no character.

You have no respect for other posters.

You offer nothing constructive.

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had enough of you.