Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Could David Blaine Take Over the World?

I really think he could...anyone else see those two shows (hour long) on TLC of him and his tricks, almost as crazy as the documentation of his 3 days frozen in a cube of ice in times square w/o food, 44 days in a glass box on a crane w/o food, 3 days standing on top of a 100 foot pillar w/o food? I think his magic tricks are even more amazing, going up to random people and knowing they have wives/girlfriends/whatever in other countries, burning a hole in his shirt, to reveal tattoo's of the random peoples loved ones...or buying a homeless guy 3 random scratch tickets, telling him to pick one and throw the other two away, hands him a gold coin to scratch it, and the guy hits the jackpot, winning every prize on the ticket? Crazy stuff..i think he could take over the world.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Could David Blaine Take Over the World?

"or buying a homeless guy 3 random scratch tickets, telling him to pick one and throw the other two away, hands him a gold coin to scratch it, and the guy hits the jackpot, winning every prize on the ticket?"

Scratch off tickets have bar codes that you can scan to tell if you won/what you won without scratching them off.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy stuff..i think he could take over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the part filled with stupid people who believe his BS.

Wait...
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM

the times square trick was not real. cant respect him after wasting my time to walk by there. plus in the london trick people were throwing stuff at the cube he was in. basically im not a fan.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM

he definately is pretty amazing. Best magician I have ever seen. but all that stuff is just magic. What I find truly amazing about the guy is the non magic stuff he does. the buried alive, and the 44 days with no food. That is some crazy ass will power and inner strength right there.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the times square trick was not real

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain
Old 04-25-2005, 10:30 PM

heres a link i found on the times square trick scroll down the page a bit
web page
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM

The most impressive thing about David Blaine is the parade of insanely hot models he nails.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heres a link i found on the times square trick scroll down the page a bit
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the link. I agree somewhat with what the "article" says. I think the way Blaine portrays himself is a ittle much, (the whole "supernatural" vs. just an illusionist thing), but that aside, I dont see how people can bash his magic. saying he's just doing tricks you can buy in any magic shop is a bit much. Yeah he does do tricks like that, but he does some pretty damn good ones. Better than the crap you see copperfield do. I think alot of the hating actually is jealousy, because hes not some huge larger than life illusionist like copperfield. He doesnt try and do things like making the statue of liberty or the hoover damn dissapear. He just goes out with a deck of cards and wows people. Thats gotta piss someone like coperfield off.

But like I said, his magic isnt what impresses me most. I liked his "frozen in ice" stunt the least out of all the stunts hes done, becuase it was obviouse he wasnt "frozen in ice". but he still still stood there for 3 days. I'd like to see a regular person do that. But like I said, I think thats the least amazing of the stuff hes done. Being buried alive for 7 days I think was truly amazin, and being suspended in that crane was unbelievable. Weather the people mocked him and hated on him by throwing food at him or not, he still didnt eat any of it, and he still sat in a [censored] cage for over a month. I know I dont have what it takes to do that, and I know 99% of the population doesnt either. Thats on par with some shoalin monk type [censored].
Old 04-25-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could David Blaine Take Over the World?

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that he hasn't already?