Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Was I robbed or did I play poorly?

I guess, lets see if I can pick out my own mistakes first. I probably shouldnt have raised after the turn or river. I did so after the flop to hopefully fold out those straight draws. Its so hard not to bet aggressively with Aces, especially after you have put in so much...would you have been able to fold it? Even if I checked the turn or river, I would have had to call down at least one if not two bets.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Robbed??? is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (22.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (32.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Robbed??? raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 38.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kd Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Robbed??? has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
CO has 4h 4d (three of a kind, fours).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 38.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-25-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Was I robbed or did I play poorly?

Raising the turn is probably fine. Easy just call the river.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:56 AM

Where is this paradise? 6 players to the river against a capped PF/capped flop pot?!

Looks fine to me. I can't imagine any sane player staying with 63 when it's capped PF, or A3, or 6x (on the turn). xx[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a concern, but they'd hopefully be pretty big.

Depending on reads, I'd assume that I was up against a maniac and his cult-followers and play it just like you did. (BB isn't, by any chance, one of those nutballs with 88/88/0, is he? In and raising/capping with any 2 PF, but then bails out if he doesn't hit the flop? That'd be a problem for you.) The king on the river might worry me, since the only hands I'd be able to put a sane Villan on are KK/QQ, but I don't think enough to slow down. Now to go look at the results and laugh.

Edit: Yep. Wonder what those other 3 players had. Be glad that CO is a jackass; this hand should've been 4BB more expensive for you.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM

Doesn't look to bad, but on the river, the 2x SnG makes me nervous. I might just call.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM

On the flop, just call the 3-bet. The board is a bit too co-ordinated for my liking. CO coming in with a 3-bet is scary. Your aces are strong, but not invincible. You have the one card wheel draw but with a field this big, someone holding a 6 is likely.

On the turn you pick up the nut flush draw, I like your turn play. You should cap this if possible; every bet that goes in makes you money on flush value alone.

The river is chip spewing. Just call. You want to show this down. I would expect to lose here but the pot is ginormous and you do have aces. You aren't going to fold a better hand at this point so just call and pray.

(I didn't look at the results befor posting this, but don't include them in the original post in future as it may bias some responses.)
Old 04-25-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (7 players)
Turn: (6 players)
River6 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aces (and top pair hands) frequently don't hold up against this many players seeing the hand through to it's conclusion. Many of them are likely to be on draws, and several draws have come through by the river here.

The question is did you play the hand the best you could? PF cap is good. Chances are BB has a big premium hand given his PF aggrression, and unless you both have Aces, you have him beat. But you have to pay attention when CO wakes up and 3 bets the flop. He could have a host of hands that have you currently beat or a strong draw. Not only this, but others still call along.

I would have slowed down a little on the turn, with 2 potential draws completing and the CO still to act. However, you've got a re-draw to the nut flush...and a straight draw.

I would not have raised the river when BB bets into you. It seems your goose is cooked by then. But you should call it down (I wonder what SB finally folded on the river).

Were you robbed? I don't think so. Does it suck to lose with Aces? Absolutely!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:38 AM

even after reading the results, i'd play it the same way. i think if you change the way you'd play according to results, you're going against the Theory of Poker.

if the players flipped over their cards, i'd still play the same: everything is good, call the river.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:40 AM

I think I would just call one on the river.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:07 PM

PF, FLOP: GooT

TURN: Prob OK to raise for value on your redraw to the nut flush, because giving 11:1 pot odds you'll probably a lot of callers. You need all five callers if you don't count implied odds. I'm going to guess 4 callers would be enough with implied odds. I'm basing this on figuring someone has some diamonds already so I'm giving you one or two less outs. If no one made the flush yet, 3 callers would probably be enough.

You could have probably just called this turn though also, as raising is about only a break even play, and if you miss you lose one less BB.

RIVER. Your probably losing to a flush. I just make a crying call, not a raise.

PS: You can't fold straight draws giving them 11:1.

and

Better not to imply the result of the hand in your subject, or post the results. Write it up so it reads the way you were thinking before you knew the result.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:24 PM

if your opponents aren't cheating then you can never get robbed in poker period so lay off the bitching