Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 12:02 AM

Default JJ with a ton of raises.

What should I have done with this?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (23.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32.75 BB

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: JJ with a ton of raises.

Turn action is no g00t dude. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] After CO fully wakes up into two PFRs on the flop it's time to slow.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:05 AM

Preflop is good.

When you're capped by CO on the flop, you are behind. Stop putting bets into the pot.

So whatever, you check raised the turn but had odds to spike a J on the river when you called that 3-bet.

Then, you don't get the J on the river, and MP2 wakes up with a straight, CO still raises him with a set, and you call two cold with a measly pair. Then MP2 3-bets the nuts and you call again.

MP2 has 76 and CO has 88.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 AM

You went way to hard with this hand.

Preflop: good

Flop: CO woke up after being raised behind; this is troubling. I 3-bet but after that cap I start shivering.

Turn: I can't think of a worse place to check-raise to be honest, why did you do it? Call him down.

River: Fold with 2 back to you.

CO hit his set, MP2 hit his straight. An overpair is not going to win this pot.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

MP2 has 76 and CO has 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great poker minds think alike [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 12:24 AM

I disagree with the collective sentiment that you should call down after CO caps the flop. But let's forget about that for a moment. Let's look at what you were trying to achieve on the turn, and compare that to how you tried to go about it.

You were probably thinking one of 2 things on the turn: A) I have the best hand and want maximum value, or B) I think I might not have te best hand, so I'll represent an even better hand to scare my opponent in to folding.

In either case, CRing the turn is wrong.

If you had the best hand, you should bet. PF, the opponent showed a complete willingness to give all the action you could eat. You don't have to resort to any trickery to extract the maximum from him. ABC poker will do just fine. Bet &amp; raise. In fact, CRing has a good chance of slowing the opponent down if you are ahead - which is exactly not what you want. So CRing is bad if you are CRing for value.

If you are behind, CRing won't get the opponent off his hand. The pot is so big, he would be correct to call with virtually any 2 cards.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:26 AM

Folding the river to 2 bets is OK I think...probably behind a set + straight. I also check/call the turn.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:00 AM

I would lead the turn and call down if raised again.
edit: whoops, didnt notice the flop aggressor wasnt the original preflop raiser.
check-call the turn
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 AM

I call down from the turn on.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with the collective sentiment that you should call down after CO caps the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to disagree with you here bro. The post-flop aggressor isn't the pre-flop aggressor.