Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Default bulding a bankroll

HEY I HAVE a qustion regurding the bankroll.My qustion is i dont have enough to put 300 x BB to play the limit i do i play beetween 2-4 and 4-8 so i buy in for 50 BB.Is it better to buy in for 300xBB and just keep bulilding a bankroll or buy in each sesssion. Because what i like to do is buy in and then when i am done playing cashout. and buy back in the next day.Is 50 bb a good amount to buy in for a well diciplined player?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: bulding a bankroll

no gym for home?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:56 PM

I'm a little confused by your question.

First off, you don't have to buy into a game with 300BB, that would be overkill. 25-50BB is more than enough, the point is that you have to have 300BB bankroll in total so that if you go on a downswing then you are not completely up sh.t creek.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:59 PM

I think most everyone here plays with a fixed online bankroll, and cashes out their profits periodically. Frankly, I don't see the point in emptying out your account on a daily basis, just to redeposit the next day. Most everyone started out by playing microlimits on a small initial deposit, and then built that initial investment into a bigger bankroll over time.

The 300 BB rule regards your overall bankroll as compared to the limit you play, and not how much you sit with at a given table; most people buy in on their tables for between 25 and 100 BBs. So as long as you have $2400 dedicated to your poker play (300 BBs for your top limit of 4/8) you're fine, regardless of how much you have in that particular account or on that specific table at the time. However, if you're playing on many different sites, you can spread your roll too thin unless you're overfunded (or can afford to replenish your roll regularly out of pocket).