Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Funniest lines in GSIH

So I finally get GSIH after reading all about it and blow through it in about 2 days (I read fast and always reread). I remember someone (TT?) mentioning a funny line: "Making your flush on the river in a big pot is fun," a line that is even funnier in context (it is the 8th and final point in a list about limit holdem that includes information about position, pot equity, and other serious concepts!)

I read on and find two other gems that need little context.

At the beginning of the "Tournament Overview" is a section "How a Tournament Works." First sentence: "All tournaments start with the entry fee." There is a footnote. Footnote says, "Except, of course, ones with no entry fee."!!

From the section of "Tournament Overview" titled "Classes of Tournaments": Miller writes that there are many types of tournaments, but that no limit holdem tournaments are his focus as they are most popular: "you can find no limit hold 'em tournaments with $1 to $25,000 buy-ins at any time of the day and night. (Though it can sometimes be difficult to find $25,000 buy-in tournaments at 3am.)" I did actually laugh out loud!!

Ed Miller, you are a VERY funny guy!! Thank you.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:39 AM

Default SSHE has some gems too

My favorite in SSHE might be when he's listing all the crap people might call you with on the flop, and eventually gets to "...backdoor two pair draw."

It'd be nice if everyone who made fun of horrible players did it this well.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: SSHE has some gems too

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite in SSHE might be when he's listing all the crap people might call you with on the flop, and eventually gets to "...backdoor two pair draw."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it, I'm buying it!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the same page: "They do not know you flopped quads. They do not know they are drawing dead. Even if they did know, half of them would probably call anyway"
Old 04-27-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it, I'm buying it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I chase those in NL tourneys when I'm playing passive pansy bettors and am getting like 25-1 pot odds.