Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 04:25 AM

Default call call call call calling all the way

Both SB and UTG+1 are very passive. It really felt bad calling all the way.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 04-24-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: call call call call calling all the way

I might raise this preflop, I am 100% no doubt about it raising this flop. I hit the flop super hard and I want to pump the shit out of it.

If I feel awesome I may take a free card on the turn, but maybe I wouldn't. Since you haven't found a raise the whole hand I agree with just calling the river.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 100% no doubt about it raising this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's fair. I was certain TPNK was not going to win this hand--it's almost certainly behind UTG+1 and probably behind SB--but failed to consider my chances of improving to two pair or trips. At the time I felt my flop edge vanished if Button folded. In retrospect, I don't think it does, and even if it does if button folds I may get a free card.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 100% no doubt about it raising this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's fair. I was certain TPNK was not going to win this hand--it's almost certainly behind UTG+1 and probably behind SB--but failed to consider my chances of improving to two pair or trips. At the time I felt my flop edge vanished if Button folded. In retrospect, I don't think it does, and even if it does if button folds I may get a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your equity heads up with AK on the flop. With anyone caught between, this is a raise for value.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=913465
pokenum -h ac 7c - ad ks -- ah 9c 3c
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 9c 3c Ah
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ac 7c 444 44.85 534 53.94 12 1.21 0.455
Ks Ad 534 53.94 444 44.85 12 1.21 0.545
Old 04-24-2005, 05:07 AM

I would have limped PF like you did. I would have 3 Bet the flop, and then called the turn, unless it looks 4 way again, then I would raise that too. I would raise the river also, your 2 pair is almost assuredly good here, and any ace will call you.

C-Dog
Old 04-24-2005, 05:15 AM

On the flop with 12 outs your equity is ~45%. Easy 3-bet.
Again, on the turn, your equity is now ~26% so you could raise if you had a reason to think at least one player would coldcall behind you.
I like calling the river.