Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Loose $1/$2 NL game, AK on BB

8 players in a very loose $1/$2 game ($50 max buy-in), house announces it's the last orbit of the night, only a few hands left. Everyone limps in to me on the big blind. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I raise to $12, and get reraised by the cutoff seat to $30. A lot of wierd thoughts run through my head.

A) This is the worst player at the table
B) This is the last orbit
C) They limped in late position, then reraised? Maybe thought I was making a move at the pot and wanted to get cute
D) Did I mention this is the worst player at the table? They have generously donated hundreds of dollars to my bankroll over the last few months.

I have built up to about $350 or so, cutoff has $210 in front of them. Definitely a loose player who is not afraid to gamble. Frequently overplays hands (often announces all-in with top pair). They also overplay their monsters and do not know how to extract any value from them. So basically, they go all-in with a marginal hand, and all-in with their monsters.

Do I reraise here to see where I am at? Or just call and see what the flop brings?

I called the raise, flop was A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Before I act, they announce "I'm all-in."

Aw crap. I've only got $30 invested into a $72 pot and they massively overbet it by going all in for another $180.

I've never seen this player reraise with AQ, and they ALWAYS raise with a big pair, especially with limpers. I have seen them go all-in on this flop with A-J or ever A-10.

I go into the tank for like 5 minutes, finally making the call.

They turn over A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a blank falls on the turn and I'm drawing dead.

Obviously, I made the wrong call. I have tried to include as many factors here as possible that went into my decision. Only three hands beat me that I can put them on AA, QQ, or AQ (I don't see them reraising with 33).

Is this a bad call because I only have $30 invested? Or is this the kind of flop that I really want to see against this kind of player (obviously two clubs would've been nicer)?