Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2005, 08:47 AM

Default How many bets do you go?

10/20 FW's

Joe Tall, a TAG friend and I are sitting in a FW's 10/20 game the other day.

There is 1 total maniac at the table and along with 6 weakies. Joe is just to the left of the maniac, TAG friend is to his left and I'm next. OK, OK, I have the worst seat at the table. I suppose that the good news is that the maniac is on a roll and everytime Joe excercises his FROI (or TAG friend his SROI) the maniac finds or makes a big hand.

I've started off running good and even have one of the weakies gunning for me after I beat him in three straight hands. In the 1st hand, I get to 3 bet the maniac with AKo, weakie calls, maniac caps. I flop a K, raise the maniacs flop bet, weakie calls, maniac FOLDS. I bet the turn and river, weakie calls, then mucks after I show. 2nd hand I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open raise, weakie calls in BB. Flop is all rags with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s. Check, bet, call. Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise, he mucks. Next hand I raise KQo, he calls in SB. Flop is AKQ. I bet, he checkraises, I call. He dark bets his last $20, a Q shows up on the turn. I say, I call and he rolls over A3o, I almost feel bad for him as I tell him my hand as I roll it.

Anyway on to the hand...

Joe and TAG friend fold, I raise with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], only the weakie SB and maniac in the BB call.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

They both check, I bet, they both call.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

They both check, I bet, they both call.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, maniac fires out a bet, I raise, SB now checkraise 3-bets. Maniac now folds (Joe later tells me he flashed him K8o as he mucked) and action is back on me.

OK it's now heads up and there is no cap. Who puts in the 4th bet and if you do, how many bets are you prepared to go?