Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Uncomfortable Situations

This is inspired by a story Gin N' Tonic posted in the baby announcement thread. Here's the story:

[ QUOTE ]
Quick Story - I'm working in a photographic shop, the guy from our film lab comes in with a framed photo of some kid to put on the counter to show off their new canvas printng service.

Me "It's a great service, but couldn't you have picked a better looking kid - I mean that child is seriously ugly. He looks like an axe murderer or something"

Him "That's my grandson"

*I'd like the earth to swallow me up now please*

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone have other situations like this. I love hearing about these. I have a friend who this constantly happens to.

He was at Medieval Times with a class trip in senior year of high school and he was sitting next to a guy that he planned to room with in the dorms because they were both going to the same school. He was yelling at the opposing team's knight and trying to come up with medieval diseases that the guy could die from. Don't ask me why, Medieval Times makes people act like morons. Anyway, he yelled "I hope you get Lupus and die!" His buddy next to him turns to him and goes "Dude, my mom died of Lupus."

So, about a year later he's in the dorms, and he's relating the story to a cute girl that lives in the next room. He tells the story above and caps it off with "Who dies of Lupus?" The chick starts crying and tells him her Aunt just recently died of Lupus.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Uncomfortable Situations

That's pretty funny but what's lupus?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:04 PM

So back in college there was this one chick with some sort of screwed up speech problem. There was something wrong with her vocal cords so she sounded like a mix between someone who lost their voice and a chain smoker who talks through a hole in their throat. Except for her screwed up voice there was nothing wrong with her, in fact she was kind of hot.

Anyway, one of my friends hadn't met her or ran into her before so when he met her for the first time and she introduced herself he of course imitates her scary ass voice and introduces himself. She blushes, almost starts crying and has to explain that this is how she really talks. Needless to say my buddy wanted to disappear right there and then.

Swede
Old 04-21-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty funny but what's lupus?

[/ QUOTE ]
WebMd: Lupus Guide
Old 04-21-2005, 06:13 PM

For some reason, I seem to do the "Damn, who's that? She's pretty hot." Only to be told "That is my sister/daughter/girlfriend/grandmother/etc."
Old 04-21-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the U.S., 1 in 2,000 people have lupus. People of African, Asian and Native American descent are more likely to develop lupus than are Caucasians. It also affects women more often than men. Women of childbearing age (14 to 45 years old) are most often affected—as many as 1 in 250 may develop lupus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really not that uncommon I guess. Not really commom knowledge though (considering I didnt know what it was and my parents are both doctors).
Old 04-21-2005, 06:14 PM

a friend of mine's phone started ringing at 4am one night after several long days of work. he picked up and said "somebody had better be dead" and the sobbing voice on the other side of the line said, "can i speak to bob please?"

needless to say, one of bob's relatives had died.
bk
Old 04-21-2005, 06:22 PM

this is not exactly the same thing, but a close friend of mine (who is a paraplegic) would occasionally pretend to be "brian the retard" when new people came to our card game. The joke once went on so long that at the end, another friend made a diving tackle and knocked him out of his chair before the victim of the gag caught on.

he also made a short film in which kids plotted how to knock people out of their wheelchairs. when they filmed it, several "good samaritans" attacked the actors because they thought they were really knocking this guy out of his wheelchair in the middle of a crosswalk.

bk
Old 04-21-2005, 06:24 PM

After college, my best friend was living in Boston with two roommates, a man and a woman. I was back home and was going to visit him at his apartment in the city (my parents were in the suburbs). Another friend calls him to get directions, but he's not home, so he talks to my best friend's female roommate. I'm going to be the one driving, so he puts me on with her. She's like "I'm sorry, I don't know how to tell you how to get here, I have no idea where I live." OK....so we eventually get my friend on his cell and he gives us directions to his girlfriend's place, which is where we'll be meeting.

We get to her apartment and have a couple of beers (me, my best friend, his girlfriend, and two other guys). I'm sitting on the couch next to my friend and his girlfriend and say "Dude, your roommate is a f***ing moron, she doesn't even know where she lives. What an idiot!" I'm told I continue on this vein for a little while. Everyone stares at me blankly for a couple of seconds before my friend, looking at his shoes, says "That wasn't my roommate, that was my girlfriend." Who, I remind you, is currently sitting next to me. Somehow, my friend had called THIS girl's apartment, not HIS apartment, and I missed that fact.

The girl freaks out crying and locks herself in her bathroom. It turns out that she doesn't drive because of some sort of medical condition, so she doesn't know how to give driving directions to her place. Instead of being angry at me, she's like "No, you're right, I'm an idiot..." blah blah blah. I had to talk my way into the bathroom and apologize to her and tell her what an ahole I am. The whole thing takes at least an hour and a half.

Needless to say, he married her. It took at least five years for her to be able to look me in the face.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:27 PM

vnh

bk