Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Unacceptable behavior by Absolute

I had over $2000 held at Absolute. It was not released until I called them at 1-866-788-3005. This was without any warning or notice, either by e-mail or telephone.

Even if it had been a software or hardware problem, or some issue with my actions or account, I would still expect notice. And if it was because of some recent $10 deposits then it should have taken them all of 10 minutes to realize that my longstanding account with 2K was not a problem.

What if I had been relying on them?

I believe it is reasonable for me to expect an explanation from them, and until I receive it I will not play there, and I will share my experience here and everywhere it seems appropriate.

OK, moment to vent: They blow! That's f***in' outrageous! I was planning to pay a CC bill with some of that money and had fortunately made a withdrawal from another site by sheer coincidence; otherwise this would have cost me a little coin. And the fact that they released the money as soon as I called is good, but also bad because it means they didn't need to be keeping it all this time. I didn't do anything over the phone except ask for my money. They had no questions for me or anything. This is just not acceptable! How can they expect me to ever trust them again??!!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Unacceptable behavior by Absolute

I think we're now up to reason # 352 not to play at Absolute.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:35 PM

My cashout on the 19th has not cleared yet. I will call them tomorrow if the money does not arrive by then.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:50 PM

You are also overreacting, but since that is the nature of most people on these forums, I digress.

Still, there's no need to start multiple threads about it.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Worse yet, there's no read=son to bump multiple threads about it, sh**, sorry all, I did that too.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are also overreacting, but since that is the nature of most people on these forums, I digress.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am overreacting? Next time a site holds your money beyond your reasonable expectations (I made a cashout last Saturday, a weekend day for crying out loud, and the money was in my Neteller account in 10 hours and 10 minutes, so given their history and their stated T&C that it "may" take as long as 48 hours, I think I had every reason to expect it within 48 hours.

And I think it is a reasonable expectation that I should not have to call them to get it. And I think it is a reasonable expectation that if they are having a problem they at least notify me.

And I think it is a reasonable expectation that they would now give me an explanation. And an apology if appropriate.

I do not think these expectations are unreasonable or all that hard for them to do. And I do not think I overreacted but in fact was quite reasonable. And if I did I overreact, I hope you can understand why. But thank you for sharing your digression.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:53 PM

I've noticed that AngryCola has been posting the same negative comments on every thread I read.

Don't you have anything better to do?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that AngryCola has been posting the same negative comments on every thread I read.

Don't you have anything better to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed that people are getting worked up about nothing, so I'm going to post my negative comments about their negative comments.

Don't THEY have anything better to do than make something out of nothing?

How about you?
Don't you have anything better to do than post negative comments about my negative comments about their negative comments?

Where does it end?

I'm not going to stay quiet about all the self-important whiners when they spout their crap.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Where does it end?

it does not

welcome to GrannyWorld. please enjoy the rides.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where does it end?

it does not
welcome to GrannyWorld. please enjoy the rides.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Thank you! Needed a smil(i)e about now. And a reminder to skip the small sh.. stuff.