Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 05:26 PM

Default laying down KK

I was playing 2/4 nl and i was in BB (i had $420) and the villain (he had $600) was in late position. Two ppl limped, the villain raised to 8, i reraised to 24, everyone folds and he flat calls. The flop comes 4 4 7 rainbow. Pot is about 58, i bet 15, the villain raises to 60 and i folded. he didnt show. I'm pretty new to the table so i had no read on the villain. Please let me know if i played it poorly.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: laying down KK

You played it poorly.

Your flop bet looks insanely weak that any two cards might raise it there to steal from you. It looks like your betting a missed and scared AKo or something. I'd make a real flop bet of at least 2/3 the pot so you can know if the raise is legit or not. I still think your ahead.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I The flop comes 4 4 7 rainbow. Pot is about 58, i bet 15, the villain raises to 60 and i folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

scared much, your bet looks weak to me i'd raise (if i was villian) with a wide range including QQ-88 which is likely what he had coming in late for a raise (all of which your good).
Old 04-20-2005, 06:04 PM

Like the others said, you played it poorly. Betting 15 makes no sense.

Since you did bet 15 and he raised you to 60, raise back for 100-120 more. If he then moves in, you can start consider folding.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:21 PM

For your 1st post, all I can say is "wow".
Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 PM

This is not helpful.

Hero needs to bet stronger on the flop. As it played out, if you do reraise (which you should have done, folding is absolutely the worst error here) and he pushes, I would still call his all in.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:32 PM

I think your play was way too weak. You played the hand as though you knew you were beat and were just looking for an excuse to make a lay-down. After you raise to 24 preflop and then only bet out for 15 dollars, how can you interpret a raise of such a weak lead as a monster? If I were villain, I would make that raise with 99-QQ just to see where I am at and with many hands just assuming your bet indicated a willingness to fold. Bet out the flop hard, so that if your opponent gives you more action you can have a clearer sense for what he has.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of the players who regularly contribute to this forum would say that hero's hand was virtually a no-brainer. Hence my answer.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:35 PM

I hope this post is a joke but in case it isn't:

I don't mind your small lead bet on the flop sense it feigns weakness - you don't mind letting a cheap one off - no real draws out there (only one OESD but its unlikely) and the only card you don't really want to see is an ace. So small lead is ok.

When he raised you should be dancing in your pants, cuz he fell right into your trap. Now you can make $150 or so to go and call if he pushes. If he flat calls your flop reraise (the scariest reaction of all), you might be in trouble...so in this case you might slow things down.

But I'm looking to get alot of money in on this flop.

Again, hope this post is a joke.

Peace