Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Unreal hand...anyway to fold?

Today in a $100 MTT, I had t1500 chips at the first break. On the very first hand after the break ended, I got A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP+1. Blinds are at 50/100. MP limped with t4500 chips and I raised t325 to go. It was folded around back to MP who calls.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP checks, I bet t250, MP check-raises all-in, I call with about t950 left.

MP shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for set of sevens. I show A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for top two pair. Turn and river is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I'm out. Anyway I could've played this hand differently or was I doomed to start?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Unreal hand...anyway to fold?

What exactly is so unreal about the hand? I don't get it.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 AM

It's not unreal.

But no, I would not get away from the hand either.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:40 AM

You're doomed, but this is routine.

Thanks for playing.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:26 AM

yesterday on a UB MTT right after break i was dealt AcKc in BB. 50/100 blinds. CO with t12000 raises 400. Folds to me t8000 and i reraise 2000. CO calls. Flop 2c 4c Kh.I bet 2000 CO goes all in i call he shows 77. Turn 7 River Ah. I lose.happens all the time
Old 04-20-2005, 08:41 AM

Don't feel bad about the all in. You just got caught on the wrong end of a dream hand.

I would have made a bigger bet on the flop. The fact is he had you beat but if he had many other holdings you gave him the right odds to chase you. Your preflop raise was 3.25xs BB. The pot on the flop was T800 if MP was the only limper and and an additional T100 for anyone who limped and folded to your raise. A T250 bet made it a 4/1 or better to call making a club draw right or low enough for A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]with a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to feel good about chasing or even to feel they were leading. With a coordinated board like this you need to push them off their hand or make them pay to draw. Pot bet and up is normal but all in is probably the best with your stack size of T1175. If you were wanting to be cautious to make the money then folding anything including the AK untill you make the money is the only other play. You can't half commit here.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:23 AM

Nothing you can do, you are hoping you are up against any other hand or a draw as AA and KK are unlikely.

PGA71