Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 06:07 PM

Default AQo is a good hand, but.....

No reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero ???????
Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: AQo is a good hand, but.....

folds. utg+2 is telling everyone that he has a big hand
Old 04-19-2005, 06:18 PM

Ouch. This sucks. I'm not sure what to say to this one, Bob.

I may get flamed as a weak-tighty on this one, but I am dumping this here despite the pot size. There's a decent chance you're behind already with very few outs. Between the flop bettor, the PFR / Flop raiser, and the coldcallers, I've gotta believe that even if you're good here you've got to dodge [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s and whatever additional draws the CC's are playing. I can see pouring in a lot of bets just to get to showdown to show a 2nd best hand on this one.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:22 PM

Folds.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:24 PM

Gotta fold this. I'm not crazy about the call preflop either, but it's better than the other two options. I'm treading pretty carefully on this flop no matter what flops, AQo isn't very happy in a 5way pot with someone else as the preflop aggressor.

If the two between you and UTG+2 had folded, I'd be tempted to 3-bet, but it's still pretty close.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM

I think you have the best hand but have to dodge several draws. I'd consider calling the flop to raise the turn. UTG2 will bet and you can safely fold to a re-raise or a river bet by one of the cold callers. With this line, I'd check the river through if it came to you. My point is that you probably have the best hand but should be ready to dump it. I like waiting until the turn to raise since you'll be better able to charge those draws, and will be able to fold to a bet and raise in front of you or a re-raise behind you.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Preflop is raise or fold, not a cold call. AQs I'd reraise, with just AQ I fold in this case. Too many people cold-calling 2 bets which, in my mind, means you're likely outkicked or a tie at best, since how many people will cold-call AJ or AT? Yea, some doofus probably did, but the non-doofi in the group won't.

If a bunch of people limped and the CO raised, I'd reraise and force the limpers to call -EV or be out. At that point you've very likely got the limpers out kicked and just the CO to worry about, who might very well have lesser holdings (AJs) or mid-good pockets.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:32 PM

I'm not sure why everyone thinks you are behind. You don't give any reads but I think UTG2 could have something as low as KQ and UTG1 a lower ace or two diamonds. Two pair would 3 bet, and no one has done that yet. That leaves just one holding and the always possible hidden set. I think you have to at least cold call and see how the aggressors respond behind you.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is raise or fold, not a cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh
Old 04-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Care to elaborate? I think SSH has this as a reraise in loose, a fold in tight. Don't have it with me, but I'm damn sure "meh" doesn't shed much light on it.