Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 02:58 PM

Default My first post

Hi Everyone!
First of all you guys have to excuse my poor english. Im a stupid swedish and im a terrible speller [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

To the hand i hope u guys can help me w... a 10 handed PP game 3/6
2 limpers to me Im the mp1 w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] everyone folds to the button who calls me and the 2 limpers also call

the flop is: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 limpers check to me and i bet of course. Button raises! 2 limpers fold back to me.
Well now i have a decision call or raise, fold isnt an option imo and the hands i could loose against is AA JJ 22 AJ and J2 but i dont think hes playing J2 after a raise. AJ and 22 is the most possible.
i decided to call

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
In my mind this cant have helped him so i bet and he raise again. I call.

The river: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

also a blank in my mind but i check seens he has shown aggression before. He bet and i call.
Pot size 10BB

should i reraise the flop or the turn? how about the river check/call?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: My first post

Do you have a read on the Button?

I would 3-bet the flop. If I did call like you did, I would checkraise the turn.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Dunno:

First, welcome to the 2+2 forum!

Second, you'll probably want to start off in the microlimit forum as that is for games 1/2 and lower. Also, it's a great place to get used to all the acronyms used here and so forth.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Actually this is 3/6 my bad [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] and yes i have some kind of a pretty thight player read hes been a winner the last houre
Old 04-19-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a read on the Button?

I would 3-bet the flop. If I did call like you did, I would checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why checkraise the turn here rather than call down? It's costing the same amount of money, and will often fold out worse hands.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone!
First of all you guys have to excuse my poor english. Im a stupid swedish and im a terrible speller [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

To the hand i hope u guys can help me w... a 10 handed PP game 3/6
2 limpers to me Im the mp1 w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] everyone folds to the button who calls me and the 2 limpers also call

the flop is: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 limpers check to me and i bet of course. Button raises! 2 limpers fold back to me.
Well now i have a decision call or raise, fold isnt an option imo and the hands i could loose against is AA JJ 22 AJ and J2 but i dont think hes playing J2 after a raise. AJ and 22 is the most possible.
i decided to call

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
In my mind this cant have helped him so i bet and he raise again. I call.

The river: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

also a blank in my mind but i check seens he has shown aggression before. He bet and i call.
Pot size 10BB

should i reraise the flop or the turn? how about the river check/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forum. I don't like the turn bet. I'd prefer that you 3-bet the flop. If he just calls, I'd lead the turn. If he caps the flop, I'd check call the rest of the way, but I'm not folding.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE this. What if you are 3-bet? I am showing this down, and I want to do so cheaply.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:41 PM

Why do you have to show this down? Is the guy a total guppy? Do we have any reason to think that? If he has A-K you were buried the whole way, if he has A-J you are killed also. I think that this should be 3-bet on the flop and if he caps I think you can fold. There are very few hands that would cap here that you can beat.

Sorry, I would call one bet if he capped looking for a Q on the turn, but if he bet again I think a good player finds a fold here.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Result

Thx for all the answeres and i like the 3-bet suggestion on the flop but checkraise the turn im no fan of...

well i did loose this hand. He flipped over the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 2 pairs. i had him dominated but hey sometimes poker sux [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM

agaist average PP player this is a showdownhand. ppl often like to bet and raise regardless of their kicker. he could have like A10 or like a jack.
If i had a jack in his spott i would probly rais to to get the blinds out.